Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
Codpiece

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooks1 View Post
Well, it a pretty good fucking point. The differences between the wrestling styles are pretty dramatic.

But the larger point that eludes you is this. While some MMA champions (Coleman/Couture) wrestled at an Olympic or International level, others (Cain/Jones/Weidman) might have been D-1 All American or elite at the Juco level. But one thing is pretty fucking clear. Wrestlers become elite MMA fighters and MMA champions a lot more regularly than non-wrestlers.

What you should not menstruate too heavily over is whether someone was a 2 time NCAA Champion or a guy that came in 3rd and 5th in the country for 2 years, or whatever. At that level, the margins of victory are so small, and the one that is the most likely to succeed in MMA is not necessarily the one with the better wrestling pedigree, but the one that has the most adaptable style to MMA.

Great post, will cease menstruation.

I am Carlos Condit's most reasonable fanboy.
Codpiece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #42
riddleofsteel

Purple Belt

vCash: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinderman View Post
be nice.
I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVN View Post
Its the athleticism they bring. Although its C level, other martial arts offer D and F level so it's da best.
This is a ridiculous post, nothing but trolling.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #43
Fraz
The Dado

vCash: 500
Well as we all know anything can happen in mma even d level amateur wrestlers have their day