Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #11
Emjay
Bashers foreground, me background
 
Emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Where I go
Posts: 20,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSamboKid View Post
Manuwa could of waited a bit
*Could have

You gotta schedule the fights when they're there. No telling what's going to happen tomorrow

__________________
Why cant mufuckas enjoy the action & stop badmouthing these guys already?

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #12
Junior Cigano

Purple Belt
 
Junior Cigano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,862
vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes Again View Post
But instead of working for the UFC you post on sherdog
shoots fired!

__________________
Robbie Lawler
Junior Cigano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
J180

Purple Belt
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Gus had 3 way better options, DC, Rashad, or Davis. But clearly the UFC was trying to find him the easiest fight they could.

J180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #14
Twister44

Purple Belt
 
Twister44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J180 View Post
Gus had 3 way better options, DC, Rashad, or Davis. But clearly the UFC was trying to find him the easiest fight they could.
lol at easiest fight. They could have matched him with someone else who was outside the top 10 who DOESNT make peoples joints and tendons explode.

__________________
Attended: UFC 114, UFC on Fox 6

Anderson lost to a guy who got his penis caught in his zipper.
Twister44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
TristanLec

Blue Belt
 
TristanLec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 675
vCash: 500
Gus vs Manuwa should have never been booked, Gus vs Davis should have been booked and Manuwa should be waiting for the UFC to match him with someone close to his ranking. All this so we can see Gus rematch Jones and probably lose again. What if Jones loses to Glover, all this Gus vs Manuwa nonsense will have been for nothing.

__________________
GSP is the GOAT and its not even close.
TristanLec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
DLX

Purple Belt
 
DLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DUCKING Vitor with the rest of the human population.
Posts: 1,511
vCash: 500
Kos vs Swick
Anderson vs Lyoto
Nate Diaz vs Gilbert Melendez
Rashad Evans vs Anthony Johnson
Daniel Cormier vs Cain Velasquez.
Chael Sonnen vs Dan Henderson
Hector Lombard vs Robbie Lawlor vs Tyron Woodley

These are the fights to make. And FUCK that teammate bullshit they should ALL JUST FIGHT. Everybody vs F**kin Everybody.

__________________
ALL IN BABY!
DLX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
melvinj0

Brown Belt
 
melvinj0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,584
vCash: 500
Gonna laugh when Gus/Manuwa ends up being an amazing fight.

melvinj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt
 
MartyMcFry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysianwing View Post
Disagree.

Should've been Gus/Rashad, DC/Davis, and Manuwa/Bader
That actually makes a lot of sense. But I think they may want both DC & Davis to be future contenders, so have them avoid each other. I think they are planning on Gus, DC and Davis to be victorious in their upcoming fights and also Jones too. But yeah I could be wrong about separating DC and Davis and have them fight each other if they both win. But that would be a good contender fight.

__________________
It's all about money...
MartyMcFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #19
Elysianwing
Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt
 
Elysianwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,706
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFry View Post
That actually makes a lot of sense. But I think they may want both DC & Davis to be future contenders, so have them avoid each other. I think they are planning on Gus, DC and Davis to be victorious in their upcoming fights and also Jones too. But yeah I could be wrong about separating DC and Davis and have them fight each other if they both win. But that would be a good contender fight.
And that is the mistake. Rashad is far more marketable as a contender, but they are wasting either him or DC by matching them up together. Davis is an uncharismatic, fairly one dimensional contender that pissed off a lot of people when he beat Machida.

Dude has nothing for Jones(Rashad proved that already), and I refuse to believe anybody wants to see them fight.

DC/Davis would've been the perfect lead-in for Cormier, he'd knock off a contender, earn a title-shot, and give Davis time to actually hone his skills a bit more. Meanwhile Gus/Rashad scrap and establish which of them deserves to rematch Jones, and neither gets ruined by a loss, because they are both established contenders(unlike Manuwa and Cormier).

Lastly, Manuwa gets to take a solid step up in competition, and earn a place in the top ten, if he knocks off Bader, while Bader potentially can continue to rebuild his status in the division by beating a solid prospect.

Elysianwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #20
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt
 
MartyMcFry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,301
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysianwing View Post
And that is the mistake. Rashad is far more marketable as a contender, but they are wasting either him or DC by matching them up together. Davis is an uncharismatic, fairly one dimensional contender that pissed off a lot of people when he beat Machida.

Dude has nothing for Jones(Rashad proved that already), and I refuse to believe anybody wants to see them fight.

DC/Davis would've been the perfect lead-in for Cormier, he'd knock off a contender, earn a title-shot, and give Davis time to actually hone his skills a bit more. Meanwhile Gus/Rashad scrap and establish which of them deserves to rematch Jones, and neither gets ruined by a loss, because they are both established contenders(unlike Manuwa and Cormier).

Lastly, Manuwa gets to take a solid step up in competition, and earn a place in the top ten, if he knocks off Bader, while Bader potentially can continue to rebuild his status in the division by beating a solid prospect.
I think with Gus somewhat promised a title shot after his next win, both DC & Davis will have to fight again before they can get the next shot, so it's likely DC vs. Davis will eventually happen for the contender spot, that's if they win their upcoming fights. But I'm actually doubting out of those 3 fights and the Jones vs. Glover fight, that all the ones who are assumed to win will actually win, so I think the title and contender picture is going to get pretty messy this year.

__________________
It's all about money...
MartyMcFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"