Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #11
Emjay
Bashers foreground, me background

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSamboKid View Post
Manuwa could of waited a bit
*Could have

You gotta schedule the fights when they're there. No telling what's going to happen tomorrow

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #12
Junior Cigano

Purple Belt

vCash: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes Again View Post
But instead of working for the UFC you post on sherdog
shoots fired!

Old 02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #13
J180

Purple Belt

Gus had 3 way better options, DC, Rashad, or Davis. But clearly the UFC was trying to find him the easiest fight they could.

J180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #14
Twister44

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by J180 View Post
Gus had 3 way better options, DC, Rashad, or Davis. But clearly the UFC was trying to find him the easiest fight they could.
lol at easiest fight. They could have matched him with someone else who was outside the top 10 who DOESNT make peoples joints and tendons explode.

Anderson lost to a guy who got his penis caught in his zipper.
Twister44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
TristanLec

Blue Belt

Gus vs Manuwa should have never been booked, Gus vs Davis should have been booked and Manuwa should be waiting for the UFC to match him with someone close to his ranking. All this so we can see Gus rematch Jones and probably lose again. What if Jones loses to Glover, all this Gus vs Manuwa nonsense will have been for nothing.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
DLX

Purple Belt

Location: DUCKING Vitor with the rest of the human population.
Kos vs Swick
Anderson vs Lyoto
Nate Diaz vs Gilbert Melendez
Rashad Evans vs Anthony Johnson
Daniel Cormier vs Cain Velasquez.
Chael Sonnen vs Dan Henderson
Hector Lombard vs Robbie Lawlor vs Tyron Woodley

These are the fights to make. And FUCK that teammate bullshit they should ALL JUST FIGHT. Everybody vs F**kin Everybody.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #17
melvinj0

Brown Belt

Gonna laugh when Gus/Manuwa ends up being an amazing fight.

melvinj0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #18
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysianwing View Post
Disagree.

Should've been Gus/Rashad, DC/Davis, and Manuwa/Bader
That actually makes a lot of sense. But I think they may want both DC & Davis to be future contenders, so have them avoid each other. I think they are planning on Gus, DC and Davis to be victorious in their upcoming fights and also Jones too. But yeah I could be wrong about separating DC and Davis and have them fight each other if they both win. But that would be a good contender fight.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 AM   #19
Elysianwing
Mr. Mojo Risin' Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFry View Post
That actually makes a lot of sense. But I think they may want both DC & Davis to be future contenders, so have them avoid each other. I think they are planning on Gus, DC and Davis to be victorious in their upcoming fights and also Jones too. But yeah I could be wrong about separating DC and Davis and have them fight each other if they both win. But that would be a good contender fight.
And that is the mistake. Rashad is far more marketable as a contender, but they are wasting either him or DC by matching them up together. Davis is an uncharismatic, fairly one dimensional contender that pissed off a lot of people when he beat Machida.

Dude has nothing for Jones(Rashad proved that already), and I refuse to believe anybody wants to see them fight.

DC/Davis would've been the perfect lead-in for Cormier, he'd knock off a contender, earn a title-shot, and give Davis time to actually hone his skills a bit more. Meanwhile Gus/Rashad scrap and establish which of them deserves to rematch Jones, and neither gets ruined by a loss, because they are both established contenders(unlike Manuwa and Cormier).

Lastly, Manuwa gets to take a solid step up in competition, and earn a place in the top ten, if he knocks off Bader, while Bader potentially can continue to rebuild his status in the division by beating a solid prospect.

Elysianwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #20
MartyMcFry

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysianwing View Post
And that is the mistake. Rashad is far more marketable as a contender, but they are wasting either him or DC by matching them up together. Davis is an uncharismatic, fairly one dimensional contender that pissed off a lot of people when he beat Machida.

Dude has nothing for Jones(Rashad proved that already), and I refuse to believe anybody wants to see them fight.

DC/Davis would've been the perfect lead-in for Cormier, he'd knock off a contender, earn a title-shot, and give Davis time to actually hone his skills a bit more. Meanwhile Gus/Rashad scrap and establish which of them deserves to rematch Jones, and neither gets ruined by a loss, because they are both established contenders(unlike Manuwa and Cormier).

Lastly, Manuwa gets to take a solid step up in competition, and earn a place in the top ten, if he knocks off Bader, while Bader potentially can continue to rebuild his status in the division by beating a solid prospect.
I think with Gus somewhat promised a title shot after his next win, both DC & Davis will have to fight again before they can get the next shot, so it's likely DC vs. Davis will eventually happen for the contender spot, that's if they win their upcoming fights. But I'm actually doubting out of those 3 fights and the Jones vs. Glover fight, that all the ones who are assumed to win will actually win, so I think the title and contender picture is going to get pretty messy this year.