Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #91
Toxxus

vCash: 976
Cracked Chin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Title Fight Productions View Post
Not hearing much at all about the flash K.O. in the clinch. I understand due to the leg injury and all.

But Silva was a guy who was known as having a granite chin, a guy who would stand with his back to the cage and eat punches on purpose.

So in regards to a successful comeback, what's more concerning, his leg injury or the fact that after getting dropped in back to back fights, maybe his chin has gone the way of other great striking champs of the past......
The apparent degradation of Silva's chin is the biggest concern for me. He got KO'd in the first fight by a shot that didn't look that hard. Then in the 2nd fight he got dropped by a shot that shouldn't flash KO'd him like that.

Silva might have just reached that level of accumulated damage in training where his chin starts to buckle all the time (I'm looking at you Chuck Liddell). Given that he shouldn't be in fighting shape for at least a year coming off an injury like this I hope he calls it a career.

Old 01-01-2014, 05:55 PM   #92
Title Fight Productions
Promoter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by witt1021 View Post
granite chin? who actually hit him and tested this granite chin? oh yeah chael did and stumbled him back 10 feet..........weidman did and dropped him. i dont really recall him ever getting hit flush by anyone else. granite chin is different than being evasive learn the difference.
I posted a gif of him taking about 6 shots flush and eating them like Jello

http://youtu.be/eRdYec68MOk

Old 01-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #93
chinarice

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
Silva was flash KO'd.

His eyes were closed but his expression changed completely, it went from agressive to completely expressionless. He was out for a second.

The general consensus I have for your posts is I agree. I will add that to my sig.. lol

chinarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #94
Title Fight Productions
Promoter

Ttt

Old 01-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #95
ilfirin

Brown Belt

Yeah it's strange how some people keep focusing on how his leg broke instead, I can't imagine why.