Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #101
Jocke

Brown Belt

vCash: 396
You know, I hope this is a joke thread, but even if you looked at it normally the idea is pretty stupid. Just one example, Big Nog made Schaub eat shit, just imagine what JDS would do.

Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #102
hendrixchild419

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordspeaker View Post
Jds is pretty nice with the hands, but do you think schaub can shut him down and take the decission?
No... no he can't.

"...if I survived the Marines, I can survive Ali." óChuck Wepner
hendrixchild419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #103
Konster
White Belt

JDS is going to finish him in like two minutes.

Konster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #104
PirateTetra

Green Belt

Is this fight really happening?

Old 12-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #105
Raylan

Brown Belt

vCash: 960
Tough fight for JDS, he has only ever fought people in this timezone.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #106
I8paintchipz

Orange Belt

I guess there is a possibility that JDS could catch lightening in a bottle and "catch" the soul-less one. However, I don't see that happening. I see the Hybrid-Phenom being far to elusive and making JDS look foolish. JDS better PRAY that this fight doesn't go to the ground.

Old 12-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #107
DWB

Purple Belt

Ok first let me say I am being serious, no joking around. To me personally there is no doubt that JDS has been and hopefully still is the 2nd best HW in the world. It's like the margin between 2nd and 3rd is huge. And on any given day he surely could step up and become #1 with the power he has. All that said I worry about something.

I don't want to fighter bash but let's just say I am VERY unimpressed with Bendan Schaub...very. I won't go any further with that. But what if and this is a legit and real possibility. What if Junior is never the same again after that last crushing and I'm sure very disheartning loss to his nemesis. I've seen it happen countless times in boxing and MMA. A guy who is a world beater loses badly (like he's done twice now to Cain) and the life and heart is sort of sucked out of them. If that has happen which I hope it hasn't ...well Schaub may could literally shock the world. I mean to me a half hearted and totally disinterested JDS should easily walk through a guy like Schaub. But in the fight world stranger things have happened. Schaub could be in one of those right guy , right time situations. If it happens I think I'd feel sick to my stomach because we all know Schaub is in the top 5 most cocky with less reason to be in the world. If he pulled this off his head would literally explode because it got so big. And the ones in the know will realize it wasn't his doing at all but the fact that Cain beat the fight out of him.

I hope I'm wrong and I hope JDS remains the same ole fighter he's always been. If he is then this is one of the biggest mismatches in recent history.

DWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #108
Mistweaver

White Belt

Going to be a bigger upset than Shogun/Forest 1.

Mistweaver is offline   Reply With Quote