Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #491
eatthisjerry

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Take out Cristiane Cyborg, you'll only have some kind of bar brawl in there. When it comes to grappling fights they're more exciting tho.

New Josť Aldo subtitled interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGY6yxktnzw

MMAStation soon... (@MMAStationBR)
eatthisjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:25 AM   #492
pretzelguard

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeBoxer View Post
pretty much lacking. Their striing is beyond bad. They arm punch, their striking technique is bad, not sure if its their fault. I would like to talk about how great it is seeing women fight but it really isnt. Not trying to knock them but tis the truth. Then we have Ronda who also has terrible striking and her fights only last a minute or 2 cause she is great at one thing she does which is getting that arm bar.

I enjoyed the TUF season and believed I could hype myself up to watch the ladies on the main card but they just really let me down. I am also not too excited to watch Ronda Co-Main event and get an arm bar in 2 minutes.

Me being a boxer for only 8 months I believe I am vastly superior to them and I am not that great.
Their "striing" > your spelling

Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #493
battery
believe in the power of one belt

vCash: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeBoxer View Post
pretty much lacking. Their striing is beyond bad. They arm punch, their striking technique is bad, not sure if its their fault. I would like to talk about how great it is seeing women fight but it really isnt. Not trying to knock them but tis the truth. Then we have Ronda who also has terrible striking and her fights only last a minute or 2 cause she is great at one thing she does which is getting that arm bar.

I enjoyed the TUF season and believed I could hype myself up to watch the ladies on the main card but they just really let me down. I am also not too excited to watch Ronda Co-Main event and get an arm bar in 2 minutes.

Me being a boxer for only 8 months I believe I am vastly superior to them and I am not that great.
mizuki inoue has the best boxing technique in mma. she's a teenage strawweight, and no man or woman is better at boxing in mma.

another strawweight, joanne calderwood has some of the best muay thai style in mma. patient and accurate, there are plenty of men who wish they could strike as well as she does.

there are tons of excellent grapplers in both men's and women's mma. women are often involved in more exciting echanges because their felixiblity is better, in general, than the men and so you get to see more unusual positions and different attempts and escapes.

battery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #494
Babalinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzelguard View Post
Their "striing" > your spelling
Well, he's not a professional speller now is he...

Babalinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #495
pretzelguard

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalinho View Post
Well, he's not a professional speller now is he...
I doubt he's a professional anything

Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #496
VicVinegar

Yellow Belt

I hate WMMA, just because they are the best women in the world doesn't mean they are good enough to be in the UFC.. oh and the fact that you have to compensate and say "not to sound negative but blah blah blah" is ridiculous, they looked terrible and most of them are amateur level fighters

VicVinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #497
0vary hugger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey919 View Post
LOL no, no you wouldnt
I would have had the same response but did you see Roxanne Modaferri?
Others aren't much better.

0vary hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:01 AM   #498
VicVinegar

Yellow Belt

Ufc needs a b league all together, the amount of divisions is growing and so is yhe roster.. would be nice to know after 3 losses you can fight on, lets say, strikeforce challengers type program and not in another company all together

VicVinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #499
eXtv
praise yeezus

vCash: 3651
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery View Post
mizuki inoue has the best boxing technique in mma. she's a teenage strawweight, and no man or woman is better at boxing in mma.

another strawweight, joanne calderwood has some of the best muay thai style in mma. patient and accurate, there are plenty of men who wish they could strike as well as she does.

there are tons of excellent grapplers in both men's and women's mma. women are often involved in more exciting echanges because their felixiblity is better, in general, than the men and so you get to see more unusual positions and different attempts and escapes.
best boxing in MMA? lmfao please stop. The Diaz brothers and guys like Dos Santos or Cormier are the people with best boxing. Inoue has nobody to fight other than randomers in Invicta and Jewels that aren't any good to begin with. Same with Calderwood.

Their striking looks so good because the standard for striking in WMMA is pitifully low.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:11 AM   #500
eXtv
praise yeezus

vCash: 3651
oh and on the whole, 99% of WMMA is awful to watch and the 135'ers do not deserve any spots on a UFC main card. Dana had a knee-jerk reaction to Ronda's popularity and now he's stuck with a bunch of girls that barely know how to fight compared to the guys but still take up slots on a card.