Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
caliboi74lv

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff7b9 View Post
If Anderson comes back at 170 he can be champ again.

I don't see anything from the two fights that says he can beat Weidman, however if Weidman were to lose Anderson does have a win over Vitor. (But I still don't think that should justify him skipping in front of obvious contenders when he already did that with the rematch after getting KTFO)

170 is the place. He was talking about it within the last 2 years IIRC, he spent the first approximately 1/3 of his career there, most fighters go down in weight, not up and Anderson doesn't carry significant amounts of muscle (and he will experience some atrophy while he is healing).

GSP stepped aside, the division is wide open with two strikers fighting for the belt, Anderson could come back and challenge for that belt in his first fight back and set the table for the GSP fight, better late than never. I would pick Anderson over Hendricks or Lawler, and if Anderson won the 170 belt then GSP would definitely have a challenge on his hands rather than sitting on the sidelines but still being perceived as the best WW.

That is how I would like to see this play out, I know it is a long shot but it really does make a lot of sense if you think about it.
If he comes back? We don't know yet. Yeah, don't see him moving up. He's 40, so cutting weight might be difficult. But like you said, he's not significantly muscular. I still see a hard cut tho to WW.
If Weidman loses, both Chris and AS, could meet again for a contenders match, after a top win from each of them. IDK.
Him going to WW if he can and winning a title, would be sweet. Especially if it's his last fight and against GSP. It is a long shot, but let's see if silva comes back first.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #12
FrickenChicken

White Belt

vCash: 500
Anderson return with 95.80% efficiency with a 4.20% margin of error.

Sun Tzu

It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Niccolo Machiavelli
FrickenChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:12 PM   #13
Momanjabo

Blue Belt

My research on the matter has yielded conclusive evidence that Silva will return at exactly 89.842%

Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #14
GoodStoppage

Yellow Belt

Well if his leg heals completely, I don't see why he couldn't be 100% minus some mental blocks/trauma. The scary part is the rod, can cause lots of discomfort and pain.

To my surprise - According to Dr. Sanders, the bone will heal and return to original strength. If this is true, why not just have the rod removed when the bone is 100% again?

I hope Anderson retires but how can you not get excited if he announces a comeback?

Diaz 1,2,&5.
GoodStoppage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #15
onvoqc

Green Belt

vCash: 615
Honestly i'm scared for his life if he comes back ..
Anderson broke mentally and physically in both the Weidman fights , at this point i think even Mark Munoz destroys him.

onvoqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
Richmma80

Orange Belt

i think AS will win the 3rd bout with wiedman but you can tell he did not have the confidence he used to have in the last fight like he did the first time he fought chris

Richmma80 is offline   Reply With Quote