Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #371
Jeff Goldblum69

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
ufc would go broke doing this twice a month... lol..

might be cool for an end of year show.

Jeff Goldblum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #372
Idioso

Green Belt

If I were in person, then yes, bring on the pageantry. But when i'm at home, I don't even care to see the announcers faces.

Idioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #373
zephid

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebear View Post
So being a "man" means you must like fireworks and fat dudes in diapers?
It isn't diapers, but I guess you already know that and are just trying to be funny. Too bad it only shows your ignorance.

zephid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #374
Zoopal

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eddie View Post
What's aimed at twilight fans? Since when do sports have soul and heart? Why are you so angry? So confused.
lol every sport has soul and heart. Just watch a ray lewis interview after the ravens won the AFC Championship and the Superbowl.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #375
Squarechoke

Silver Belt

Hilarious how the TS got angry for someone telling him to watch WWE when Pride was influenced by pro wrestling.

It's even more pathetic when he made the completely nonsensical insult that UFC production was aimed at Twilight fans, which both has no accuracy and makes him a complete hypocrite.

I would think that most of us that watched Pride would be of at least some age by now but there's always guys like the TS that keep forcing the lesson that age has nothing to do with maturity.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #376
sb413197

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyantist View Post
[SIZE="5"]Cynical fan calls every UFC event the “worst show ever”
This was genius, nice work. This basically describes most of Sherdog.

sb413197 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #377
HAILTHELEAF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
This is fucking awesome idea. You sir, win two internets.

All Pride was, was a really well done pro wrestling promotion. Anyone who says different clearly needs their head examined.

Props for Badstreet USA.

HAILTHELEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #378
emperor

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolJim View Post
I find it incredible that some of the americans in this thread are moaning about pride having a show that got in the way of the action when your nation al fucking sport "american football" has a massive show each year that has entire fucking concerts performed at half time. you guys LOVE a show. Blind UFC nutthugging at its best in this forum. The UFC is not shit it just has no soul or heart anymore. Its all about the moolah and "fighting to not lose" With any production aimed at the cell phone checking retards who consume as much reality tv as possible, I bet you pride haters have not even seen 1 show. Nothing wrong with that but its like comparing todays boxers who also "fight to not lose" vs say the mid 80s with hagler, hearns, duran and leonard etc..
You know how your grandpa sounds when he goes on about how everything was so much better in the 50s, how men were men and women knew their place, how steak and eggs was the best breakfast you could eat, how everyone had a work ethic, how he walked 12 miles to school in the snow every day, how kids today play too many video games and need to get off his lawn, how rap music can't compare to a good swing band, how they didn't need this fancy email thing, how everyone was safe because all the dangerous minorities hadn't gotten so uppity, how television is making us all stupid, how family values hadn't died, how he can't find anything with bran in it today, how a quarter used to be enough to catch the bus from Battery Park to the Polo grounds with enough left over for a hot dog and a pack of Big League Chew, how he used to be able to smoke wherever he damn well pleased, how homosexuals used to not be gay, how...

Yeah. That's seriously what you sound like.

I survived TPF 10: Let the Stream Fail!
emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #379
Nathan LaMontagne
Amateur Fighter

Damn, I actually canceled a date (one of the few, but totally worth it) and spent 20 dollars for a ride to my friend's house to watch this on pay per view.