Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
Karp

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I think he should fight Werdum next. If he beats Fabricio and should Velasquez lose to Dos Santos, then I'd love to see Cormier vs Dos Santos.

Last edited by Karp; 06-13-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Karp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #22
HaulParris

Red Belt

vCash: 2350
TS, I like the match-up. The one thing that may prevent it from happening is Roy's contract negotiation shenanigans - he had one fight left on his contract after Kongo, then refused to negotiate a new contract with the UFC, which is part of the reason they gave him a quick turnaround fight with Stipe so that he can finish out his contract.

I hope that they offer him a reasonable deal, and that he accepts, for it will be a shame for him to go on a hot streak in the UFC only to retire in the minor leagues.

Even if he loses to Stipe, he's still a valuable draw to the UFC (evidence of which is the fact that they're banking on him to pull in PPV buys by putting him in the co-main of the much-damaged 161 card).

Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #23
drbolony

Purple Belt

Edit: Double Post

"The best things in life make you sweaty."
drbolony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 PM   #24
drbolony

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard Cream View Post
If Big Country wins, I'd suggest Nelson-Werdum II for the next title shot after Cain-JDS III. Then again, a lot of folks really, really, don't like the idea of Roy having a shot at the strap under any circumstances.
Bad idea if you want to have two contenders, I suggest Werdum fights the winner of JDS-Cain lll, and in the mean time Roy fights Reem, if he wins he earns a title shot, if he loses he puts Reem one fight away from contention, win win for the UFC, and the fans because I'd love to see that.

I don't know why Cormier keeps putting this off, I'm sure if he just cleaned up his diet he'd lose the weight in about three months, he just refuses to.

"The best things in life make you sweaty."
drbolony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #25
mathmatica
outerspeacetruth

if he is going to 205 why would the UFC risk him beating a viable contender to the HW
strap?