Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Lean97

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Should Lineker move back to BW?

Every single time this guy is going to fight he have weighting issues...
He's a natural BW and fought as 135er until join the UFC's roster...
Isn't it time to go back to BW before risking to be cut because of weight?
I know the dude is a beast as FlW, but he's young and can improve to be competitive as 135er.

"You have respect, you donít lose your teeth"
Wand

Last edited by Lean97; 08-02-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Lean97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Forever Young
Yo Soy Das Ubermensch

Assuming he's looking to win a championship, no. BW is stacked as hell, with two, count em two champions, whereas FlW is relatively shallow.

If he beats Tome he is going to be neck in neck with Benevidez for that next title shot.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Pacemaker Joe

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Assuming he's looking to win a championship, no. BW is stacked as hell, with two, count em two champions, whereas FlW is relatively shallow.

If he beats Tome he is going to be neck in neck with Benevidez for that next title shot.
And then what, pull a Lutter and screw himself out of a chance at the belt?

Pacemaker Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Lean97

Orange Belt

He still didn't face anyone relevant in the division.
I mean, I'm a fan of the guy... but they gave McCall to Iliarde (whom Lineker won before going to UFC) and Phil Harris (and now the nameless Jose Maria) to Lineker.

Now he is going to fight his 4th bout... and failed in the scale in 2 of them (and did 126 in the other 2... for the title he'd have to cut more 1lb).

Wand
Old 08-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
Kumason
MMA freak!

vCash: 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post

I have to assume coming in 4 pounds over the weight limit (limit for title fight) is going to have to be highly considered.They would like a fresh face to fight for the title and this does seem like something small but the potential of ruining a title fight come weigh in day might be too much and just be the thing to swing things a different way.What i'm saying is I think he REALLY fucked up.

As far as back to 135 idk he could be dealing with injuries or maybe not as dedicated to his diet as you should to be a champion..who knows.Maybe the dr's said they wouldn't let him cut more..Who knows what happened but I can't imagine it'll get any easier with him at the age where people often gain size quicker.I think he should stay at 125 if it's not hurting him and he can get his shit straight.He's had problems before I guess he really needs to buckle down on his weight or move back up.He doesn't look bad at the weigh ins....Missing weight is such a shitty thing to do.I know it sucks I have cut weight a million times but it's just such a disgrace at this level missing weight.

Kumason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #6
Forever Young
Yo Soy Das Ubermensch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacemaker Joe View Post
And then what, pull a Lutter and screw himself out of a chance at the belt?
That's certainly a possibility. I believe the guy would rise to the occasion and make 125.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #7
Mister7

Brown Belt

I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC wants him to fight at flw. They need as many flw as possible.

Mister7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #8
Lean97

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumason View Post
I have to assume coming in 4 pounds over the weight limit (limit for title fight) is going to have to be highly considered.They would like a fresh face to fight for the title and this does seem like something small but the potential of ruining a title fight come weigh in day might be too much and just be the thing to swing things a different way.What i'm saying is I think he REALLY fucked up.

As far as back to 135 idk he could be dealing with injuries or maybe not as dedicated to his diet as you should to be a champion..who knows.Maybe the dr's said they wouldn't let him cut more..Who knows what happened but I can't imagine it'll get any easier with him at the age where people often gain size quicker.I think he should stay at 125 if it's not hurting him and he can get his shit straight.He's had problems before I guess he really needs to buckle down on his weight or move back up.He doesn't look bad at the weigh ins....Missing weight is such a shitty thing to do.I know it sucks I have cut weight a million times but it's just such a disgrace at this level missing weight.
Exactly man... 4 pounds is a lot of weight above the limit of the division. The guy is professional... now have Davis with him, is fighting in his country, speaking his 1st language. I can't get it!

Wand