Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 AM   #11
Babalinho

vCash: 500
Go to the weigh ins at least. It's fun and you get some of the UFC experience for free...

Babalinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:09 AM   #12
kmacizdabest
Banned

I'd go.

- StrongUsername1

kmacizdabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #13
Redd Loc
a1sinceday1

went to 145... i'll be passing on this one though. pretty weak card.

Redd Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 AM   #14
DaveHilly

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaterSlayer View Post
So when UFC 145 came to Atlanta I wanted to go SOOO bad but I was broke as hell. I was doubting that the UFC would ever come back, but they announced Fight Night 35 and I was happy... until I found out the fights. The main event has two guys coming off of losses(who I've never been too big on) and a bunch of "future stars" on the rest of the card.

On one hand I really don't wanna spend $70 for a decent ticket to go to this by myself(can't talk anyone into going with me) but on the other hand I do want to experience a UFC event. If you were in my situation what would you do? If this event came to your town would you be all over it? Is anyone here going to FN 35?
You know I've been to a couple events now and I gotta say that unless you have fantastic seats you really gotta be looking at screens really often. Obviously when something amazing happens its pretty cool to be there and scream but honestly youll just be watching the screens anyways. Im not sure I recommend it unless youre right up there.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #15
HHJ

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSX View Post
I would wait TS. If you want to experience a UFC event, at least make it one that has a good card.
you never know its a good card until its over

Old 01-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #16
SHAZAM

Purple Belt

I paid $170 I think for the Rashad vs Jones fight. Good fights overall but was a bit underwhelmed. I'm definitely not going to this ATL one but I'll go to the next one if its good and around ATL or Tennessee.

I regret not going to Chuck vs Rashad tho...

SHAZAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:10 AM   #17
attftl86

Orange Belt

I love the live events. I've been to great PPV cards and a card that was in DC that I am sure a lot of people skipped out on because it wasn't a star loaded card- Cruz vs mighty mouse.

UFC 79 was amazing to me, I didn't sit on the floor but I had great seats and could see in the cage well, and the chuck vs wand fight was everything I wanted it to be. I just went to UFC 168, again not on the floor but pretty good seats and it was a great card top to bottom, well I mean Anderson breaking his leg kinda took away from the greatness that fight could've been but that's here nor there, it was still great to see live. The DC card I still liked, I sat at about the middle of the verizon center, had a great view in the cage, I did look up at the screen a couple times, but all in all it was worth the $70-80 I spent.

Think it really depends on how much of a fan you are, if the UFC is coming anywhere near me, I'm there, whether I'm broke or not, I'll miss a cell phone payment to see this live. I don't care who's on the card because I watch everyone in the UFC, and honestly this UFC Fight Night 35 has a lot of really potentially fan-friendly fights.

Only reason I say not to go, is because you are looking for the "experience" of a UFC event, really you need to go to a packed card, save for the 4th of July weekend card or the end of the year card, that's the experience you are looking for, it's not like any other sport.

I would go, but that's just me. Everyone does have a valid point, if you're questioning whether or not you will enjoy it, you might as well sit this one out and enjoy it from home, get some food and beer and it'll be a good Wednesday night with free fights.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 AM   #18
Ryeyou

Yellow Belt

In my opinion I would go bcuz the ufc doesn't go to the atlanta area often so who knows how long it's gonna be till the next ufc event.And don't knock on the card it could be a good night of fights.

Ryeyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:33 AM   #19
KilledByDeath

Red Belt

vCash: 551
Theres nothing like the feeling in the air at event. Go you will have a great time and meet fighters.

KilledByDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #20
vanzella
Rebelde

vCash: 50
As someone who goes to even the local events in my city, I'd go to a UFC event any day of the week.

You whine about food with your belly full of it.