Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #81
Ricos Green Tea

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexingTiger View Post
Of course you guys would! Ill bet too and just stay off line and watch it turn wild on here again! Then ill come in and regulate again and collect my winnings!
Quit your quacking, quacker.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #82
fandangler101

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ughugh View Post
- Hi Alex, everything's good?

- Great, you?

- Good. How's the rehab now after the injury and surgey?

- It's going fine. I'm training, I'm back on the mat, I do everything... like, as far as the sport goes. I can wrestle, I can grapple, I can kick, I can do pretty much everything. I've not tried running yet, but I can probably do that too, it's just that I'm taking it step by step.

- How close would you say you are to a hundred percent?

- Like 95.

- There's been a bit of hullabaloo with Jon Jones, DC and Anthony Johnson... Why do you the UFC has let DC fight Jones instead of bringing you back in?

- Eh... no, like... I got injured and... then DC got the spot so they were supposed to fight each other. Then they had that stare down that degenrated into a fight. And through that they secured the fight against each other. I mean... it's the US we're talking about... it's ppv's... and the americans likes this pro wrestling stuff. So I lost the shot...

- What do you think about a fight against Anthony Johnson?

- Like, it is what is. I'd rather have fought Jones. I'd rather have fought for the title. But now it is what it is and I've stopped dwelling on it and I'll take the opposition I'm given. And just hoping for a date.

- Tell the fans why you feel you deserve the title shot.

- I mean... I feel like I performed very well... and I feel like I won the fight against Jon Jones... And already then I was promised an immediate rematch that didn't happen, ehhhhh... There's so much nagging about that title fight and Jon Jones this and that... even I've become fed up with it. I'm like ah, "title title"... haha. No, but like I feel like I'm up there and I'm in that position where I should get a new shot against him. But this is just how it is now, I lost that shot and it is what is. I've gotten so... you know... I can't dwell anymore, so now I'm targeting a new fight. Let it be Anthony Johnson and lets go. Give us a date - it's on.

- You've said you don't feel like he really deserves to fight you, despite that he hasn't lost a fight since going up to light heavyweight in other organisations. Do you feel like he deserves to fight you?

- Ehhhhhh... like. Everybody deserves an opportunity. If he wants the opportunity to face me, then he's gonna g-e-t an opportunity to face me.

- Then there's fans who says you're ducking Anthony Johnson. What do you have to say about that?

- I've got no comments. I just think it's silly.

- Who do you think wins the title fight between DC and Jones?

- I think Jones wins by decision. It's gonna be a tough fight but I think Jones has the tools to defeat DC. And a major part of it is his reach, I think. He will slowly but surely keep him at a distance and win.

- When will we see you in the cage again?

- Hopefully before the end of the year.
Thanks for the full translation! Gus needs to take fights to stay relevant and keep improving.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #83
FlexingTiger

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricos Green Tea View Post
Dude, I am not even saying this defensively, this is hilarious. Legit had me laughing out loud. I hope you don't get banned.

Keep flexin tiger.
I hope they send me a warning message first! All im doing is calling talking jon jones fans that are just talking crap ducks...! I should be perfectly in the rule boundary line!

Old 09-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #84
FlexingTiger

Orange Belt

This is just all just weird! Gus is ducking to fight a bigger duck in jon jones and everybody is posting duck pictures!! We need to target the source of the ducking and just make Gus vs Jon 2 happen right now! DC can fight Rumble!

Old 09-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #85
FlexingTiger

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by egk View Post
Haven't YOU been paying attention? Gus fans and even Gus himself were accusing Jones of ducking for fighting Texiera before then signing to fight Gus again. It's not Jones's fault that Gus got hurt.

Gus has flip-flopped a lot in just two weeks. First he said he wouldn't fight at all till he got his title shot. Then he said he'd take a fight but Rumble didn't deserve to fight him. Now finally after all the flack he's gotten he's open to it.

I never thought Gus was scared but for all the shit Jones constantly gets about supposed manipulation and wanting to pick opponents, Gus WAS being a diva and should get his fair share of shit for it and he did.

Gus says he wants to fight in Sweden and I would have thought a fight with AJ would have been a terrific opportunity for that. He's got leverage for it as the number 1 contender. He has no leverage at all in thinking he can force Jones or DC to come to him for a title fight.
You are so wrong about all of this and youre a black belt and you think stuff like this? Gus ducked to fight the bigger duck in jon jones... So he's more like a super duck because he's ducking to fight somebody better than Rumble. We'll just call him the super goose! How about that?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM   #86
SocraticMethod

Silver Belt

I don't think I've ever been in a thread with this many hidden posts.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #87
Iwearspeedos

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeLohanGOAT View Post
Wow, so Gus' fanbase has managed to become one of the worst on here, despite the fact that's it's only like the same 6 people in every thread.
Good for them tho, finally a Gus interview where he doesn't burst out crying halfway through
Great way to generalize, seems like a clever way to go.
You do realize that claiming a certain fan base being the worst seems just a bit silly when you have an account from 2014?

Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #88
HARDCORE CHINO

Green Belt

make it happen
AJ/gus

this guy is acting like he is the champion!

Old 09-04-2014, 02:41 PM   #89
HeexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlexingTiger View Post
Hell no! Gustafsson should fight you! He should keep himself warmed up by fighting fat sherdog troll losers like you every day! Clean this place up!
Lol, easy there tiger.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #90
HeexX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeLohanGOAT View Post
Wow, so Gus' fanbase has managed to become one of the worst on here, despite the fact that's it's only like the same 6 people in every thread.
Good for them tho, finally a Gus interview where he doesn't burst out crying halfway through
Very intelligent post. Thank you for contributing.