Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #41
Lost

Black Belt

vCash: 500
nope.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:21 PM   #42
MachidaNo1Fan

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
I can see either of these men potentially beating Hendricks. Brown would be more susceptible to being KO'd though

McGregor
MachidaNo1Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #43
JudoThrowFiasco

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopo View Post
haha

how can you not be a fan? Brown is awesome to watch.
I don't really even have a justification for it. I full recognize he's exciting to watch...it just every time I see him or hear him talk..it just causes instant disdain.

I think every fan just has at least one fighter they can not stand for no real good reason and Matt Brown is that person to me.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #44
ninjadeathcult

I wont be shocked I believe he will win. My money is on Brown. All the shertards on Lawler tells me Brown is a good bet

ninjadeathcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #45
Jopo

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Hoe View Post
Are we all forgetting how well Lawler did against Larkin? Lalwer got outstruck and outworked and the only reason he survived is because has decent wrestling and Larkin has none and was able to clinch fuck him enough to get his wits back.

I almost always root for Lawler but let's not pretend that he is immune to being pressured.

If Brown wins, it will most likely be a decision and look like this.

A fine point... Lawler was battered bad in that fight. but pressure? pretty loose term. and Lawler is now with a new team since his resurgence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoThrowFiasco View Post
I don't really even have a justification for it. I full recognize he's exciting to watch...it just every time I see him or hear him talk..it just causes instant disdain.

I think every fan just has at least one fighter they can not stand for no real good reason and Matt Brown is that person to me.
Fair enough. I try to steer clear about issues regarding a guys personality unless they are like a serious criminal... but I do very much dislike Mayhem Miller.

I havent seen any brown interviews. Hear he's a dick in some ways but really don't care at the moment.

Jopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #46
Stormtrooper85

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Hoe View Post
Are we all forgetting how well Lawler did against Larkin? Lalwer got outstruck and outworked and the only reason he survived is because has decent wrestling and Larkin has none and was able to clinch fuck him enough to get his wits back.

I almost always root for Lawler but let's not pretend that he is immune to being pressured.
Lawler has greatly improved since that fight

We might as well bring up Brown getting submitted 3 times in a row and the fact that he was 12-11 not too long ago

Old 07-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #47
Loiosh
District Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopo View Post
haha

how can you not be a fan? Brown is awesome to watch.
I'm definitely not a fan, he talks too much without the wins to back it up. He went on for ages about how he'd beat the champ and the first time in his career he has the opportunity to beat a top guy, he gets injured and backs out of the fight.

Now he has a second opportunity and he misses weight.

He's a really good fighter, he puts on a show and leaves it all in the octagon, but his talk should match his accomplishments.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #48
Edgar Allan Hoe

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper85 View Post
Lawler has greatly improved since that fight

We might as well bring up Brown getting submitted 3 times in a row and the fact that he was 12-11 not too long ago
The Larkin fight was only a year after Brown was last submitted so I will give you that but how many fighters has Robbie fought that since then that have brought a striking intensity in terms of combos and pressure that Brown brings or Larkin brought?

Zero. Ellenburger, Hendricks, and MacDonald fought very conservative.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #49
MonkeysPaw

White Belt

matt brown has a good chance if the fight stays standing. he gets submitted way too much. on the feet is his best shot at winning but even still i think he's the underdog. still rooting for him though.

MonkeysPaw is online now   Reply With Quote