Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #31
tshort**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermei View Post
Thanks man... one other guy feels the same way... brutal.
That should tell you something, man.

tshort** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 PM   #32
NikFights

Blue Belt

Emelianegro is a scary guy, even with a full training camp, let alone 10 days notice.

NikFights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:57 PM   #33
Jermei
Normal Belt

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshort View Post
That should tell you something, man.
It does. The majority are idiots who accept and pay to watch inferior opponents fighting top guys in an organization that earns millions and millions of dollars off their ignorant asses... and the same guys complain about cards being watered down and costing too much... buncha sheep.

Jermei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:00 PM   #34
Tentacle

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian10962001 View Post
He offered to fight a Heavyweight as well so two divisions bowed out of facing first time weight cut Cormier. Dana had to bring in the Starbucks kid. I love how people on Sherdog bash Cormier for wanting to put in work.
Has anyone bashed Cormier for this? It looks like everyone understands that he just wants to fight and cash in.

They just should have had offered Ryan Bader 70Gs to show up and people probably would not feel too reluctant about buying the ppv.

Jan Błachowicz signed with the UFC in january. Surely no casual fan knows about him but that fight would make more sense than Cummins who have just beaten up a couple of heroin addicted fat mexican burrito chefs in some back alley mma promotion.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
wlu29

Silver Belt

vCash: 600
Why doesn't the ufc take the insurance approach and just have guys waiting in the wings for main event fighters that have to withdraw

There has been enough of this scenario to do nothing about it is simply dumb

Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #36
CC27

Black Belt

When has Dana every shit on a fighter for not taking a fight on a weeks notice?

Survived Tachi Palace 10 "Let The Stream Fail"
CC27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:26 PM   #37
Minnja

vCash: 181956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermei View Post
Ryan Bader doesn't have a fight right now... and yeah fighter pay is too low. I'm sure if they offered Bader more cash he'd take the fight and wold garner a hell of a lot more interest than Cummins. The UFC's multi-millionaire owners pinching pennies to not pay a guy to fight a beast like Cormier.... I was also in another thread earlier tonight talking about how the UFC may never see another Wanderlei Silva sack up and fight bigger guys like CroCop on short notice. Do your homework bub.
Bader is a huge LHW he might not be able to make 205 in 10 days. Most of the top 10 LHW are tied up with a fight. I'm assuming the others without a fight would either not have enough time to properly cut or have some injury. The UFC sometimes is also quick to cut guys. If some lower-tier guy stepped up he wouldn't get cut if he got crushed by Cormier. But 1-2 more losses and he could be done. Wanderlei sacked up because he was an elite fighter and there was no way he would be cut, even if he lost like 5 in a row.

I would prefer Cormier get a better opponent, but I am not surprised that not many are willing to step up with only 10 days notice.

WEC debut = FOTY
UFC debut = SOTY
UFC PPV debut = 2nd fastest KO
UFC Main Event = SOTY/FOTY
UFC163 = First Korean title challenger
Minnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 PM   #38
mangokush

Blue Belt

Should have bailed Thiago Silva out and get him to fight Cormier

Old 02-19-2014, 11:29 PM   #39
UD

Orange Belt

vCash: 152
squash match to hype DC

WW: Johny Hendricks
LW: Benson, Khabib, Trujillo
FW: Aldo, McGregor
BW: Barão
UD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 PM   #40
Jermei
Normal Belt

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnja View Post
Bader is a huge LHW he might not be able to make 205 in 10 days. Most of the top 10 LHW are tied up with a fight. I'm assuming the others without a fight would either not have enough time to properly cut or have some injury. The UFC sometimes is also quick to cut guys. If some lower-tier guy stepped up he wouldn't get cut if he got crushed by Cormier. But 1-2 more losses and he could be done. Wanderlei sacked up because he was an elite fighter and there was no way he would be cut, even if he lost like 5 in a row.

I would prefer Cormier get a better opponent, but I am not surprised that not many are willing to step up with only 10 days notice.
Then catchweight... yo Ryan, what do you weigh? Okay bring it down to 210 and you got a fight... or not Bader. There are others on the roster I'm sure who would take it, money talks.... but that's what this is about. The UFC is not willing to pay Anderson Silva money to someone like Bader on short notice to save the card. Instead they find Mr. Starbucks and create some bs story of making Cormier cry in wrestling practice to sell the fight. Meh, it's working for them. Weak fight. Money talks and someone would fight him if the UFC cared about competitive fight cards that their hard core honest UFC fans will pay $60 bucks for that fight and Dana keeps winning and will make so much money off this bs fight...

Jermei is offline   Reply With Quote