Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #171
808 boom

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiujitsuforever View Post
people think ronda is the goat of wmma lol megumi fujii disagrees. and i would say ronda ducked cyborg considering when she became a contender at 145 she dropped to 135 and started talking crap about cyborg lol (definition of ducking). That would be like going to school with someone and say your not afraid of them and when they want to fight you change schools (ducking)
She started talking about Cyborg after she was busted for steroids. The first Tate Rousey fight was two months after Cyborg was busted.

And regarding ducking, why did Cyborg ask to be released from her Zuffa contract to go fight for Invicta while Strikeforce was still in operation (after Rousey's Kaufman fight) and Coker was talking about a possible fight between the two?

808 boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #172
2DUM2TAP

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
What is Rousey a pioneer of exactly?
How many women now have jobs in the UFC because of her accomplishments.

Of there was no Ronda I doubt we would have a women's 135 division in the UFC let alone the new one being made.

I'm not a huge Ronda fan either but I won't discount what she has helped accomplish.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #173
Ashenthorn

Purple Belt

vCash: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DUM2TAP View Post
How many women now have jobs in the UFC because of her accomplishments.

Of there was no Ronda I doubt we would have a women's 135 division in the UFC let alone the new one being made.
This is true. When Zuffa purchased Strikeforce in March of 2011, Ronda had yet to have her first pro MMA fight and was a virtual unknown. By the time they made the decision to close Strikeforce and fold its top fighters into the UFC, she had become the most valuable property in the org. She basically forced the UFC into establishing a women's division, because otherwise they would have had to let her go when her Strikeforce contract expired - probably ending up with a Zuffa competitor.

Ashenthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #174
The ScorpioN
"GET OVER HERE!"

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap style View Post
Lol which ones fought ones with legic training
Neither.

If you think Tate and Carmouche are more "legit" than a roided out 250 pound Kimo, an elite 260 pound wrestler in Severn and the king of pancrase, prime catch wrestler Ken Shamrock, then you are fucking retarded.
Shit, he also tapped the huge dutch judoka Remco something. Royce is a fucking legend, and I'm not even a fan.

You can't even compare what Royce did and what Ronda is doing, what the fuck is the discussion even about.

I'm not a Ronda hater either, I think she's the best 135er in the world by a lot but she's fighting very weak competition. Her only challenge is Cyborg, but that fight is as close to man vs woman as we're going to get and I don't think it's fair for Ronda to fight at 145 against a juiced monster. Royce did that several times, though.

Would be much better if Cyborg loses some of that muscle mass and drops to 135.

The ScorpioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #175
DaGenius

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooliox View Post
Umm no. Gina is full hollywood. She was the lead in a Soderbergh movie ahead of some A-listers.

She was on that revamp of Gladiators.

And of course, she holds a bunch of viewership records for her fight with Cyborg.

And of course, she's way more sexy than Ronda can ever be. Plus she doesn't behave like a high school child.

gina > ronda.

Hahaha not sure if you are serious or sarcastic.. Gina is cuter than Ronda ill always give her that

Ronda has won and defended her belt in mma more than Gina

Haywire bombed, not Gina's fault entirely, but that took some luster off

Bottom line is that if there is a big party in LA and all the famous people come out..Ronda gets to skip the line way before Gina.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #176
KilledByDeath

Red Belt

vCash: 551
This thread really brings out the ignorance in people.

KilledByDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #177
Kyoto**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post
Hahaha not sure if you are serious or sarcastic.. Gina is cuter than Ronda ill always give her that

Bottom line is that if there is a big party in LA and all the famous people come out..Ronda gets to skip the line way before Gina.
Haywire was a good movie, though. Rousey is leeching onto a already highly successful property and isn't even the lead. Point's moot because Gina is smoking hot, which is all that matters at the end of the day.

Kyoto** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #178
Cooliox

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGenius View Post

Nobody is forcing you to like Gina more than Ronda. That's your personal preference.

But Gina is indeed a bigger star than Ronda. Ronda's bread and butter in MMA. They want her on shows because she's an MMA star. They want her in movies because she's this ass king MMA chic.

That's the difference between Gina and Ronda. Ronda was already a star before she peaked in MMA. She was in tv series, in some movies, she did American Gladiators.

She was already cutting it mainstream before wMMA. That's where people get confused. wMMA didn't make Gina, Gina made wMMA. She put it on the map. She was in the first ever women's main-event and she was in the first ever major title match for women's MMA.

Gina made wMMA. wMMA made Ronda.

That's the final difference. Gina doesn't need MMA. She's got her career going. Yes Ronda got wMMA into the UFC, but there was already a lot of buzz in wMMA after Gina and Cyborg made record viewers tune in to watch them fight.

Ronda filled that Gina Carano void. That's exactly what she's saying. She herself admits it.

Also, No. Ronda is not more famous than Gina. Like I said, she was the lead in a Soderbergh movie. Check her co-stars for that movie.
Yea, different leagues here.

Cooliox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #179
ayiio

Black Belt

vCash: 15086
even a few years after she retire , mma fans still are searching Gina pic for some wrist action .
No one is searching Rhonda for wrist action.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #180
noitpo

White Belt

i agree with ronda

future legend

top 10 p4p all time when shes all said and done

noitpo is offline   Reply With Quote