Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #31
MartialPopTarts
Banned

vCash: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar nelson View Post
Chris "No, it's normal" Weidman destroyed machida with broken hand, messed up knees and even made machida win look easy for four rounds. Yes, he desrves to come with truthfully excuses.
He'sa White champion on a predominantly White message board, so everything he does in poor character will be excused and rationalized as no big deal. Just like when his camp was disgustingly disrespectful towards Silva after his injury. Of course, if any fighter of colour had a camp who did that he would be considered public enemy number one for the rest of his career. Sherdog's veil is far thinner than they think it is.

MartialPopTarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:09 AM   #32
ShX

White Belt

vCash: 500
0/10

ShX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #33
Helmut Zemo

Blue Belt

Lol, Helwani flat out asked him about that so he went into detail and how he was scaring the crap out of himself. Funny how you didn't include this part:

Quote:
Helwani: Can you say those injuries affected your performance?

Weidman: No. No, no, no. I'd say I had the worst camp of my life but I fought well. I went out there and did my thing. The camp wasn't the best at all but I think Lyoto Machida is just that good. And I think I performed good. So no, I don't think it affected my fight at all.
Weidman said he had the worst training camp of his life, sprained ligaments in his left hand, came off a double knee surgery. Longo is on record saying they had to adjust the game-plan later, focusing more on his right hand, could barely throw his left hand a couple weeks leading up to the fight (Longo said he tapped it on a focus mitt Wednesday and he was wincing in pain, but was able to grapple with it without much problems). Not saying the injuries affected his performance but I think the left hand is a legit topic to bring up, even though Weidman said he didn't have much trouble with it during the fight due to adrenaline. It wasn't as threatening for when he pressured and cut the cage off as it usually is even though he still had a couple good shots with his money left hook (didn't have the same power), and the most successful punishes Weidman had when he cut him off was clearly with his right hand when you compare the two (and he used a lot more kicks and even a couple knees for that, but I'm sure that would have been there had his left hand been fine leading up to the fight). He's said that he rushed with respect to the progress in his knees. His trainers agreed with it and Longo/Serra were talking about the problems with the left hand pre and post-fight.

Werdum|DJ|Gus|Hunt
Barnet|Fe|APetis|Gegard|TJD|MenaceJ|WonderB

EdAl|Thominas|Kabib|Masvi|PatC|RDA|NBK|Tarec|Gunni|Maia

Jacare|Boku|AlI|Niklas|Ptricio|Rukus

Last edited by Helmut Zemo; 08-08-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Helmut Zemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #34
TonyTodd

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjwar View Post
I think it's funny how people always make fun of brazilians making excuses,when in fact american's do the same thing 10 times worse after each fight.
Here's a part of the article,you'd think he was dying before the fight the way he made up so many excuses.He must be superhuman:

"I went through a two-day period where I was very nervous, and felt, you had mentioned my hand, and I thought I was going to have to pull out of the fight," he told Ariel Helwani. "I couldn't touch my thumb to any of my fingers. I couldn't grab anything, I couldn't squeeze a toothbrush, couldn't brush my teeth. I could do it with my right hand, but not my left. But you know, you just start figuring things out. Like, how bad this if I can't do these little things? So I kind of was scaring the crap out of myself."
"So they did the MRI and I had to wait on the results, and I was really just pissed off, and I was depressed," he said. "I was like, how am I going to deal with this? It was a bad situation. If it's not broken, obviously I'm not pulling out, but how am I going to train for these last two weeks. I can't even touch my fingers together and I can't obviously punch. It was a tough day with that. It was ligaments that were all messed up and sprained. So, I got cortisone injections, which they even told me probably won't help much because it's not really an inflammation issue. But I asked them to do it anyway, just anything that might help."

Here's the source:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/15...-next-mma-news
difference is he won the fight

TonyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote