Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #191
bat_country

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Yup (Jon Jones) every (Carlos Condit) fighter (Shane Carwin) Jackson (Donald Cerrone) is (Diego Sanchez) boring (Travis Browne) point (Ali Bagautinov) fighters.

bat_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #192
phoenixikki

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelZane View Post
idk watching grown men do this

is both pathetic and boring
Man, how I miss soccer kicks and stomps.

phoenixikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #193
grimballer

Purple Belt

why ppl pretend to be fans of MMA, but than bitch about certain aspects of the game?

before bitching you should consider this ts...

1. a fighter should do everything (within the rules) to win. if he feels his grappling is far superior n gives him the best chance of winning, then he should try to follow that gameplan. if you dont like it either write to the ac n bitch to them about rules or simply switch to kickboxing. the fighter n his team are last ppl you should criticize. they are not gladiators n their only purpose is to entertain you n emperor dana white.

2. kennedy did what nobody else in mw (not even the mighty chael sonnen) could to, wrestle fuck bisping. what in itsself is big. if that doesnt mean anything to you, you are not really fan of the sport n once again consider switching to something that will suit you more like kickboxing.

grimballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #194
knock_you_out

Brown Belt

I REALLY enjoyed seeing the spitting, eye-poking, illegally-kneeing Bisping dominated on the ground for 5 rounds. Greg Jackson deserves a fucking medal. If he was British, he would be fucking knighted.

knock_you_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #195
Winston Wolf
Problem Solver

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheonGreyJoy View Post
And I have to believe you are trolling.

MMA is about style V style. If you are primarily a grappler fighting a striker what do you think your goal should be?

Secure the td, control the opponent, and advance to a position where you can do damage or go for a submission.

If a grappler does that, that is nothing like LnP which is simply 'secure the td' and 'maintain control' and stops there.

Kennedy was continually looking to pass to dominant positions and Bisping, who is enormously hard to control and keep down was trying to stop him and escape. And every time Kennedy would pass, Bisping would start to escape or actually escape forcing Kennedy to reset and try and re-establish control.

Tell me what part of that you think Kennedy should not have done or could have done differently?
How many submissions did he attempt? How many significant strikes did he land from such a "dominant" position?

I like Kennedy. He's a good guy, and capable of more than what he displayed. Bisping fought a horrible fight too, but in his case I partially blame his layoff and eye issues.

But let's be real. Kennedy won via being stronger (and who isn't stronger than Bisping in the MW division?). I still don't know who the better fighter is, because they didn't fight.

He did nothing. And every time he went back to his corner in between rounds, Jackson would make it sound like he was doing a tremendous job and should stick to the "gameplan". No sense of urgency, not a single instruction as to what he should be trying to do to finish the fight. Just lay there on top of him for three more rounds and you've got this, champ!

Disgusting.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #196
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
How many submissions did he attempt? How many significant strikes did he land from such a "dominant" position?

I like Kennedy. He's a good guy, and capable of more than what he displayed. Bisping fought a horrible fight too, but in his case I partially blame his layoff and eye issues.

But let's be real. Kennedy won via being stronger (and who isn't stronger than Bisping in the MW division?). I still don't know who the better fighter is, because they didn't fight.

He did nothing. And every time he went back to his corner in between rounds, Jackson would make it sound like he was doing a tremendous job and should stick to the "gameplan". No sense of urgency, not a single instruction as to what he should be trying to do to finish the fight. Just lay there on top of him for three more rounds and you've got this, champ!

Disgusting.
Go watch Kickboxing, MMA is not for you. Bisping is one of the hardest guys to takedown and keep down at MW and Kennedy did it for the better part of 25 minutes, landed the bigger shots and came closer to finishing. Kennedy took down and outgrappled Bisping more than Sonnen did and did more damage.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alverez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #197
Winston Wolf
Problem Solver

vCash: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
Go watch Kickboxing, MMA is not for you. Bisping is one of the hardest guys to takedown and keep down at MW and Kennedy did it for the better part of 25 minutes, landed the bigger shots and came closer to finishing. Kennedy took down and outgrappled Bisping more than Sonnen did and did more damage.
No, he didn't. Rewatch the fight. I dare you.

But you won't, because it sucked ass.

Oh and:

Quote:
Threads like these never fail to draw some elitist snobs out of the woodwork. "Go watch kickboxing etc". Give me a break.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #198
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
No, he didn't. Rewatch the fight. I dare you.

But you won't, because it sucked ass.

Oh and:
Didn't what? Sonnen had 4 takedowns, Kennedy had 5, Sonnen passed guard twice, Kennedy passed 11 times, he also hit Bisping harder both on the ground and on the feet than Sonnen did, what didn't he do that I said he did.

I dare you to tell me.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alverez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #199
bat_country

Black Belt

I love that it's always "Greg Jackson ruins MMA" when his fighter has a fight go the distance yet not a word when a guy like Jones (8 finishes in his last 10 fights) or Condit (8 finishes in his last 10 wins) stops someone.

bat_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #200
Soul Rebel 2

Brown Belt

vCash: 491
Gregs corner-work in that fight was really impressive, its nice to see him coaching again.