Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #41
jmd69

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hez View Post
You don't know shit. Just quit making these bs threads. There has been like 50 of them already. If Pearson doesn't want to finish the fight when he knocks someone down he deserves to lose the fight. This isn't a sparring match
Please lord someone hear your prayer! I too have grown weary of these ghey threads crying over spilled milk....move already.

jmd69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #42
ShreddinMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
You don't know shit. Just quit making these bs threads. There has been like 50 of them already. If Pearson doesn't want to finish the fight when he knocks someone down he deserves to lose the fight. This isn't a sparring match
Loooooooooooooooool.

Cormier is taking that belt.
ShreddinMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #43
Hez

Blue Belt

vCash: 3394
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapollarecords View Post
what? if you knock the opponent down but don't finish him you lose the decision?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeItIs View Post
After reading your shit post I am indeed.

Your argument doesn't even make sense:

Are you saying Diego was the rightful winner due to Pearson's inability to finish? Are you saying that if there's no finish then it should be a draw? That they should keep fighting until there is a finish?
ROFL!!! Since you guys don't know how to read a thread, I will help you out instead of responding to my first statement, try carrying on with the conversation and seeing what else I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapollarecords View Post
what? if you knock the opponent down but don't finish him you lose the decision?
Quote:
You guys are missing the point. I made a thread that people agreed with me. This has been done to death. It is not Pearson didn't finish Diego . It was that Pearson didn't even try to finish him after knocking him down, he was content to coast to the finish line taking the least damage just to get the W. This is fighting match not volleyball. He just jabbed and worked the body the rest of the fight. No urgency to finish a hurt fighter fearing getting hurt. Unacceptable style in my books.
Quote:
Originally Posted by popwarnermma View Post
I'll jump in here and help Hez out. Everyone knows the judging can be suspect in the UFC. If you try and coast to a decision instead of hitting the gas when you have your opponent hurt that's the risk you run. That should be clear by now.

Me and popwarnermma making the same point. I know your tiny brains can't comprehend the fact that someone might try to play it safe to win a decision. If you have 80% of your gas tank after a 3 round fight, you are doing something wrong. You have to lay it all on the line like it is a do or die situation like a real fight. After all this is the Ultimate fighting championship not the Ultimate point-fighting championship. You guys might have forgotten that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
Loooooooooooooooool.
Had to edit for another noob^^
Responding to the first statement. We are way past that original statement.

Point is I am glad point fighting is not being accepted and a more Pride style judging is being used. Everyone wanted it before but now that it is rearing it's ugly head everyone is complaining. You guys will never be happy, bitch just to bitch.

Thread 101, read whole thread and argue our last point. Not have me explain same thing over and over again.

Hez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #44
Rex Kwon Do

vCash: 1059
Having horrible technique + a good chin = you win, according to Hez. So let me apply that logic...

JDS won that second fight with Cain. Cain was just pushing him against the cage, he's the Jake Shields of teh clinch--besides, he hits like a girl! No killer instinct! Meanwhile, JDS was throwing bombs (and caution to the wind)! BS decision.

- Mike Goldberg, said while Derrick ”Black Beast” Lewis rains down massive, sloppy GnP sledgehammers on Jack May, a kickboxer with no ground game

11/2 MOLON LABIA
Rex Kwon Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #45
RedSoul

Blue Belt

vCash: 2570
Quote:
You're worse than an idiot, you are an apologist for idiocy and corruption.

The judges are professionals doing a job, and their job is to accurately gauge the winner of a fight that doesn't have a finish victory. THAT IS THEIR WHOLE PURPOSE. If the crew and who built your house made was inept and gave you a half assed build, they shouldn't be held accountable? Roofs leaking in 8 spots, but it's your own fault for not building the roof yourself?

Don't make excuses for their ineptitude.

WW: Alves, Nick, DHK
LW: Bendo, Gomi, Nate
FW: Frankie, KZ
RedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
HeexX

Quote:
Yeah lol. If you don't finish your opponent after you knock him down it should be an insta win for the knocked down opponent.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #47
SilchasRuin

Green Belt

lol, nevermind.

Last edited by SilchasRuin; 06-10-2014 at 02:31 PM.
SilchasRuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #48
LitMatch

Blue Belt

Quote:
You argue like Diego Fights. Big fat swing and a miss. But it's OK, you argue for the fans.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #49
rb399

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitMatch View Post
Sanchez should be 1-8 in his last 9 if the judges didn't have their collective heads up their collective asses during the Pearson, Gomi, and Kampmann fights. That is one win in the last five years, which was a 29-28 decision over Paulo Thiago.

You are clearly insane. Diego definitely won those fights.

rb399 is offline   Reply With Quote