Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #111
Lead Salad
White Striped Belt

vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists of Fire View Post
Ufc shill responding to another ufc shill''s thread haha.
Cheap ass bastard implying UFC should receive no money from fans. Go start a thread about fighter pay brah.

R.I.P. The White Stripes (1997-2011)

Sherdog logic
If you lose, you're a can
If you win, you're a can crusher
Lead Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #112
Alexandergreat3

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandshocop View Post
I love fightpass but you have a point. Its way easier to find fights on say mmaversus.com or other sites.
Thank you! At least someone here is honest .

"What you talking about? Jesus took a beating before reaching God status"
- Vale_Tudo
Alexandergreat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #113
Lead Salad
White Striped Belt

vCash: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandergreat3 View Post
I have been watching the UFC since Royce Gracie's debut, so don't give me that BS. I'm a fan who pay for fights but I'm not a sheep. I will not support crappy products masqueraded as the best thing since slice bread, crappy treatment of the fighters, and Zuffa's insulting the intelligence of the consumers.

STFU fool.

I have supported the fighters by speaking out and bringing out against the BS that Zuffa does to mistreat the fighters, using the media to make fighters look bad, talking trash about fighters, blacklisting their sponsors, bullying them them into signing one-sided contracts, and so on and so forth.

What have you done to support the fighters?

Put more money into Dana's pocket so the money will hopefully trickle down to the fighters via "locker room bonus"?
Endless lols in this post!

Thank goodness the fighters have your words! They probably sleep well at night knowing everyday you stream and then use your word to explain fighters are more valuable than what UFC pays them.

And oh, I forgot. Watching since UFC 1 means you shouldn't pay for anything anymore. I understand now. Good job.

R.I.P. The White Stripes (1997-2011)

Sherdog logic
If you lose, you're a can
If you win, you're a can crusher
Lead Salad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #114
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
I buy it occasionally but it pissed me off last weekend.
I wanted to see the best fights from April, as I missed those 4 cards due to being out of the country...none of the fights I searched for, were on there. Which is weird, given it's been almost 4months and 3 of those 4 cards, were on free TV.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 AM   #115
Unbreakabull

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemeticsoul View Post
Wish I made the purchase a lot earlier. For me it's the optimal way of watching past fights. No more trying to scour google to try and find past fights. There's just so much footage to study, all at the click of a mouse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
I don't have the regular spidey senses, I have a different kind and it detected the Zuffa marketing team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakabull View Post
answer me this - do you wanna scour google for hours or have fights at the click of a mouse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandergreat3 View Post
And no, you don't have to search Google every single time to look for a fight like you do with Fight Pass.

Do you see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemeticsoul View Post
Wish I made the purchase a lot earlier.
what benefit would that have?

seriously, these guys are terrible

Rory & Thatch
Mini Fedor & Real Deal
Mended Conor & The Swanson & a Bäckström fw insurance policy (just in case)
Cruz
MM
Unbreakabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:00 AM   #116
Char Jawz

Orange Belt

Whether or not you like or dislike Fight Pass, you can't deny that it's definitely not going to break the bank on anyone for monthly fees.

I definitely like the early prelims being more dependable. That facebook thing was just brutal, not to mention having to sign in to effing facebook. Ugh.

As long as they keep adding more content and fine tune it some more in the process, works for me.

Char Jawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #117
Scamrock

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakabull View Post
hes just a bit overly sensitive about the whole "ufc shill" bit. see, he's accused of being a shill allot, not for reasons like some other poster said, "liking the ufc's product", but for the way he and others give constant testimonials on the ufc's very average internet product.

it comes off a bit organized and phony - you'll notice the names change here and there but the bits and sound bites they use sound the same.
It comes off as organized because it is. I know my shit and I have a lot to say. Ive had to repeat it so many times. But it seems as though because I can defend my position and have a lot to say, people like you want to point the finger.

I like the UFC. Its the top league in my favorite sport. But there are still things about it I dont like and things I complain about. I also enjoy other promotions just as well. A bi part of the reason I like the new look UFC that many dont is because I know a lot of the "no name" prospects because I follow a lot of non Zuffa MMA. I liked the smaller weights in WEC, Bellator, Tachi Palace, etc. Ive always liked the women ever since I first watched Satoko Shinashi. So when I talk about the product, it really is because I like it.

I really wish we could all come on here and talk about stuff without people calling each other hater, nuthugger, shill, troll, etc. If you actually had a conversation with me, you would know I say the things I do because I like the sport. That should be okay.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #118
CerebralKnievel

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Renaissance View Post
I buy it occasionally but it pissed me off last weekend.
I wanted to see the best fights from April, as I missed those 4 cards due to being out of the country...none of the fights I searched for, were on there. Which is weird, given it's been almost 4months and 3 of those 4 cards, were on free TV.
The free TV cards will be the ones most heavily encumbered by broadcasting rights, as they're probably exclusively Fox property (to broadcast) for a certain amount of time.

CerebralKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #119
Scamrock

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicCommando View Post
I'm not going to act like I've got some super in depth sources or anything silly like that but I do know that they seriously considered UFC 176 on Fight Pass before the sponsors pitched a fit and the Staples Center basically told the UFC that they were set up for a PPV and/or title fight and wanted what they had been promised. Most guys like Meltzer and Okamoto seem to suggest that in time, PPV level events will be on Fight Pass. My guess is that by the end of the year, a big big show will be on Fight Pass.
Wouldnt surprise me. Ppv model is dying. I dont know anyone outside of those who profit from it that would be sad if they did away with it.

My question would be how much the price for Fight Pass would go up.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #120
Kemeticsoul

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamrock View Post
Wouldnt surprise me. Ppv model is dying. I dont know anyone outside of those who profit from it that would be sad if they did away with it.

My question would be how much the price for Fight Pass would go up.
Hope it stays right at 10 dollars a month.

Kemeticsoul is offline   Reply With Quote