Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Bracus
Banned

vCash: 500
I'm disappointed in Paul harris and the UFC

Disappointed in Paul Harris because he has such a unique style which is rare in modern mma. I like watching him fight but he acted like a dick. Paul has pulled stuff like this before so he definitely deserved to be disciplined.

Banning him makes the UFC seem a little silly imo. World Peace ran into the stands and attacked a fan and he didn't get banned from the nba. Think about that. He's 6'5 260 and he ran into the stands and attacked a fan. The nba is a well respected league.

So harris get's banned for holding on to a submission too long? And the sport is Ultimate Fighting? Seems kinda silly to me. Kind of a bit of hypocracy if you ask me. You're selling a sport that people are buying because of the violence on display and now banning one of the more violent competitors? If harris jumped the fence and attacked Kevin James then maybe there would be a case to ban him.

Wait a minute now that I think about it was he actually banned? if so that's bush league. He should be fined and suspended.

Bracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #2
CountOfSoCal

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracus View Post
So harris get's banned for holding on to a submission too long? And the sport is Ultimate Fighting? Seems kinda silly to me. Kind of a bit of hypocracy if you ask me. You're selling a sport that people are buying because of the violence on display and now banning one of the more violent competitors? If harris jumped the fence and attacked Kevin James then maybe there would be a case to ban him.
The ref intervened, and even after the ref stopped it, he torqued the ankle harder.

Nothing silly about it.

Aldo/Pettis will never happen.

Barao and MM are 2 of the best champs.
CountOfSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
SODACKER

Silver Belt

If it's ultimate fighting why are eye gouging and nut shots banned?

SODACKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
TrueBias

Purple Belt

vCash: 385
God damn enough of this shit already.

TrueBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
Da Speeit

vCash: 50
This whole situation is proving how many MMA fans are neckbeard weridos who just want to see someone get hurt.

I mean, i'm not surprised, but it's funny how many of you just don't cognate some people are actual sports and combat sports fans and watch MMA for it's beauty and skill, and not to see the toughest meanest guy with the biggest muscles harm another human being past the context of competition.

If someone like Josh Barnett decided not to stop after the bell, lets say, in his last fight, we could have had a death or serious injury on our hands.

Would your explanation be "well, it's ULTIMATE FIGHTING"? That's the exact kind of demeanor that gives MMA a bad reputation, and so many of you, TS included, are willingly abiding by that stance.

What Rousimar did is bad for the sport, himself and ultimately his present and future opponents, so they made the right decision.
As someone pointed out yesterday, whatever happens after the ref intervening is legally assault. If Pierce wanted to press charges, he definitely could, and that 120 day suspension handed out would seem like nothing. Of course that wont happen, but this is the type of thing Rousimar and fans defending his repeated actions need to keep in mind.

3-8 (2) in owed apologies
Fuck Mumford and Sons
Def Jux til the Apocalypse
RAC
Da Speeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
Bracus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBias View Post
God damn enough of this shit already.
I'm not saying what he did was ok. I'm just saying he should not be banned. Look at this video of boxer james butler. He ktfo the guy who beat him when they go to shake hands. He shattered his cheekbone and was latter charged with assault and served jail time. James butler was not banned from boxing. That's why it's silly imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jz0HNgoII

Bracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Da Speeit

vCash: 50
"Boxing" isnt an independent promotion.
And he should have been banned.

3-8 (2) in owed apologies
Fuck Mumford and Sons
Def Jux til the Apocalypse
RAC
Da Speeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Minnja

vCash: 181956
The worst part of Palhares getting cut is that he theoretically would have been a top 15/20 WW after beating Pierce. He'd have some interesting matchups at WW and given his monstrous strength at MW, at WW he would have even been more of a beast.

WEC debut = FOTY
UFC debut = SOTY
UFC PPV debut = 2nd fastest KO
UFC Main Event = SOTY/FOTY
UFC163 = First Korean title challenger
Minnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
spetanink

Blue Belt

You can't really criticize Dana White because the NBA has different standards. He does not run the NBA.

The NBA also doesn't have the same PR issues as UFC does in trying to look civilized.

spetanink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
bjjHERRERA

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracus View Post
I'm not saying what he did was ok. I'm just saying he should not be banned. Look at this video of boxer james butler. He ktfo the guy who beat him when they go to shake hands. He shattered his cheekbone and was latter charged with assault and served jail time. James butler was not banned from boxing. That's why it's silly imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Jz0HNgoII
james butler should be banned from LIFE.