This time the deadlifts felt really heavy. For the last two sets I had to use over-under grip because otherwise I couldn't lift the bar. The form on front squats was better than ever. With SOHP I seem to struggle the most. I might consider doing 5/3/1 for the press the next time I stall again.
My log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/cant-get-laid-log-2247591/
225x2+M - meant to be 220x3
225x2+M - same
Easy and light squatting.
Bench was feeling pretty decent today. Pretty happy with how the form is coming along. I am staying much tighter and doing a better job of controlling the descent. I need to involve my lats more though.
Snowboarding tomorrow. Hoping to sneak into the gym in the evening for some deadlifts, pressing and accessory. We'll see how I feel. If no dice, I'll push the work to Monday.
Decided to work up to some heavy singles after the required reps. Thought I might go for a PR depending on how they were feeling and was happy to get a +5. Very happy since I hit that PR about 14 months ago while at a heavier bodyweight. Right glute was pretty tight the whole time which is what I think caused my left side to come up a little faster.
Last edited by LitteringAnd; 02-11-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Been slacking on the logging with class and stuff, but heres yesterdays workout:
Press was easy, deadlifts I had some lower back rounding around the 3rd rep so I had to reset. I've added 15 pounds to my press (for reps) and 6 pounds to my deadlift (for reps). I haven't tried for any PR's so I don't know how much I've actually contributed to the team but it feels awesome and I'm very surprised at how well the first few months are going.
2 Power Snatch, 1 full - from blocks
- everything felt fine up until 75, felt a little strain on my elbows and wrists that basically made my psyche myself out for fear of injury. Got it on the second try though, pretty sure it's a pr from the blocks but I can't be sure
Clean from blocks
- all done beltless (still have to buy a new one) so wasn't too bad all things considered. Nice to not have to rely on the belt
Jerk from blocks
- jerks aggravated my elbows/wrists, stopped at 90
94x10 (5+) PR
- starting up 531 for squats again. Borrowed my friend's belt for the last set and although it felt more like cardio than lifting I was happy with how I did.
- starting benching again since I'm not prepping for a comp, felt rusty as hell. Didn't have a calculator so I guesstimated the weights for today and they were pretty close so meh. Failed first single cause of messing up the technique but afterwards the 175 and 185 singles went up easily. Elbows felt fine too which was reassuring
- assistance work: db incline, tate press, lat pulldowns, curls for the girls