Good info for Canadians especially. Just was scrolling through some of my flagged as important emails and ran across this...I got these responses to my questions about Winning Gloves sometime last November and even though I'm not considering Winning anymore for price reasons as you already know from my other thread...I never did much to follow up with this...be as it may though...I realized just reading it again now that it may have at the very least some useful information...I was communicating with the Rakuten retailer of Winning Products, not Kaz himself...I think the Rakuten guy is Steve Mitani or something...Please don't flame me if you think my questions were stupid, I'm just trying to be nice:
I have quite a lot of questions to ask before buying some 10oz winning ms-300 lace up gloves. They are as follows. I have listed them in such a way that you can reply underneath each question or just number your answers in response:
1) How much will non-customized gloves cost when shipping to Canada? What about non-customized embroidered gloves? What about customized color gloves? What about both customized color and embroidered? Can I get screen printing for free and how can I go about that?
Please find them at http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/b...item/10001144/ for customized gloves.
Estimated cost for Canada is JPY2220 by EMS service of Japan post, which may be most reasonable and fast.
Embroidery for both gloves costs JPY4000 additionally, and too many letters may cost more. Printing free of charge, which is prepared within a few days for shipment.
2) How long can I expect to wait for shipping in Canada?
Customized gloves takes around 3 weeks for shipment, and flight may takes one or two days. We are not sure about how long it takes for
Custom clearance at Canadian airport, and domestic transportation, but as far as we concern, it takes a week after shipment.
3) Is it possible to mark the package on the box as worth $90 when shipping so that customs don't open my package and don't charge absurd taxes on a value of over 300 dollars (it's happened to my friend and led to bad things)?
We are not sure about tax rule in Canada, but, if you prefer we may describe as you like, or sending a GIFT without describing unit price.
4) When I place the ms-300 10 oz gloves in checkout, it says the price is 31440 yen, 390 canadian dollars, which is the price of the 18oz gloves...This doesn't make sense when it clearly says 10oz size is 24600 yen, 304 canadian dollars...so why does the price in my shopping cart not change to the 10oz glove price...I don't want to get overcharged for a size I didn't even buy. What is happening here? Will this be cleared up before I make a payment because it doesn't seem right?
The website you see is for 8oz – 16oz, and unit price depends on each oz. We revise the price after receiving the orders, according to oz.
Also we charge by Japanese YEN to the credit card company when we receive the order. We are blind to exchange rate, which may be
According to the contract between you and the credit card compay.
5) Do the brighter colors such as yellow get dirty quickly from bag use? I would like a vibrant color for my next glove but I do not want it getting dirty so much that it looks like a brown or black color after only 1 year.
The brighter yellow is NOT available now at Winning. Normal yellow is harder to be discolored, but Winning does not guarantee for discolor.
6) Can you clarify whether the ms-300 gloves are real leather or synthetic leather?
Standard one is made by genuine leather, but if you prefer we arrange as synthetic leather.
7) How long can I expect these gloves to last for...seeing as they cost quite a lot, can I expect 4/5 years or more out of these gloves?
It depends on frequency or the level of the user. For your reference, WINNING does set up any guarantee period and so on, but if there is
anything wrong within early period (within a month or so) they will sincerely consider it. As far as we concern, most of our clients are professional, it is very rare that it last for 4 or 5 years. If you do not like this, it is better for you to look for OTHER brands.
8) When I order my gloves, is this the same e-mail I should be contacting to receive the tracking number and handle all other inquiries I may have through this process?
You may track all process from order to receive the goods. Also you may contact with us by this email address.
9) Are there any deals for winning gloves coming on Rakuten for these winning gloves and is there anything happening around christmas? How can I know when deals will be on if they do exist?
If you mean Christmas discounted sale or something, I am afraid, that Winning never does that. And we are sorry we also do not.