Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Mayberry Lounge

Mayberry Lounge Light-hearted humor and intelligent discussion only. No flaming.

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #481
Oblivian
Aging

vCash: 500
The new addition of "What REALLY happened that night" has to be missing items or some of their other information is false. The new addition never mentions going to Jake Howarth's house. From earlier in the article: "A student by the name of Evan Westlake (also a member of the “Rape Crew”) taped this video in the basement of fellow “Rape Crew” member Jake Howarth’s house, which was one of multiple locations where rape of the victim took place."

Old 01-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #482
new_mexico1
Super Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
The new addition of "What REALLY happened that night" has to be missing items or some of their other information is false. The new addition never mentions going to Jake Howarth's house. From earlier in the article: "A student by the name of Evan Westlake (also a member of the “Rape Crew”) taped this video in the basement of fellow “Rape Crew” member Jake Howarth’s house, which was one of multiple locations where rape of the victim took place."
Yeah. The local leaks site is just posting up whatever info they are getting I think. This is starting to go national so I would start reading real articles for info.

"But in New Mexico, chiles are more than a crop. They're a culture, a way of life."

Erykah Badu>>>
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #483
jackietreehorn8
Unimpressed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Right, anyone taking that site as the gospel is not doing their due diligence. It's very biased and they aren't beholden to the ethics of mainstream journalism, or the burden of proof that law enforcement carries.

It's good to have them out there, but we can't just buy their story 100%.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #484
Oblivian
Aging

I've been trying to find any article that is reputable. One article mentions the victim going about her day the next day as if she didn't know something happened until someone told her. I find that to be incredibly strange. If all of those things happened (anal rape, getting pissed on, etc.), she would have known it the next morning. I have no doubts that something happened, but I'm a bit hesitant to believe everything in the video since teenage boys tend to exaggerate, embellish, or flat out lie.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #485
BKMMAFAN

Red Belt

vCash: 737
Quote:
I've been trying to find any article that is reputable. One article mentions the victim going about her day the next day as if she didn't know something happened until someone told her. I find that to be incredibly strange. If all of those things happened (anal rape, getting pissed on, etc.), she would have known it the next morning. I have no doubts that something happened, but I'm a bit hesitant to believe everything in the video since teenage boys tend to exaggerate, embellish, or flat out lie.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/17/sp...anted=all&_r=0

More reputable

At the parties, the girl had so much to drink that she was unable to recall much from that night, and nothing past midnight, the police said. The girl began drinking early on, according to an account that the police pieced together from witnesses, including two of the three Steubenville High athletes who testified in court in October. By 10 or 10:30 that night, it was clear that the dark-haired teenager was drunk because she was stumbling and slurring her words, witnesses testified.

Some people at the party taunted her, chanted and cheered as a Steubenville High baseball player dared bystanders to urinate on her, one witness testified.

About two hours later, the girl left the party with several Big Red football players, including Mays and Richmond, witnesses said. They stayed only briefly at a second party before leaving for their third party of the night. Two witnesses testified that the girl needed help walking. One testified that she was carried out of the house by Mays and Richmond while she “was sleeping.”

She woke up long enough to vomit in the street, a witness said, and she remained there alone for several minutes with her top off. Another witness said Mays and Richmond were holding her hair back.

Afterward, they headed to the home of one football player who has now become a witness for the prosecution. That player told the police that he was in the back seat of his Volkswagen Jetta with Mays and the girl when Mays proceeded to flash the girl’s breasts and penetrate her with his fingers, while the player videotaped it on his phone. The player, who shared the video with at least one person, testified that he videotaped Mays and the girl “because he was being stupid, not making the right choices.” He said he later deleted the recording.

The girl “was just sitting there, not really doing anything,” the player testified. “She was kind of talking, but I couldn’t make out the words that she was saying.”

At that third party, the girl could not walk on her own and vomited several times before toppling onto her side, several witnesses testified. Mays then tried to coerce the girl into giving him oral sex, but the girl was unresponsive, according to the player who videotaped Mays and the girl.

The player said he did not try to stop it because “at the time, no one really saw it as being forceful.”

At one point, the girl was on the ground, naked, unmoving and silent, according to two witnesses who testified. Mays, they said, had exposed himself while he was right next to her.

Richmond was behind her, with his hands between her legs, penetrating her with his fingers, a witness said.

“I tried to tell Trent to stop it,” another athlete, who was Mays’s best friend, testified. “You know, I told him, ‘Just wait — wait till she wakes up if you’re going to do any of this stuff. Don’t do anything you’re going to regret.’ ”

He said Mays answered: “It’s all right. Don’t worry.”

That boy took a photograph of what Mays and Richmond were doing to the girl. He explained in court how he wanted her to know what had happened to her, but he deleted it from his phone, he testified, after showing it to several people.

The girl slept on a couch in the basement of that home that night, with Mays alongside her before he took a spot on the floor.

When she awoke, she was unaware of what had happened to her, she has told her parents and the police. But by then, the story of her night was already unfolding on the Internet, on Twitter and via text messages. Compromising and explicit photographs of her were posted and shared.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #486
new_mexico1
Super Chile

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...continues.html

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...drugged/60597/

"But in New Mexico, chiles are more than a crop. They're a culture, a way of life."

Erykah Badu>>>
Old 01-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #487
beefcake180
Aces Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-pony View Post
I'm not sure if it was the updated material or if I just glanced over it yesterday but I went back to the link in the OP and read the "what REALLY happened" section.

wtf
Yeah that's the update. Plus one added person to the "rape crew".

4. Eddie Alvarez
5. Brandon Thatch
6. Mighty Mouse
7. Pat Curran
8. Luke Rockhold
9. Robbie Lawler
10. Myles Jury

Prospect watchin'
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #488
RogerTheAlien

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxycodone View Post
they don't really understand the horrible things they did. they can't fathom the horror that girl experienced. they're kids.
No they don't understand what they did because they're sociopaths.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #489
Eisenkarl

vCash:
Quote:
Even if the guy in the video doesn't get charged at all or charged as an adult, his life is pretty much fucked.
I certainly hope so.
This guy is a complete piece of shit and deserves to be flushed down the toilet by society.

Ideally though he goes to prison to get his ass and his big mouth penetrated on a daily basis.
This goes for a few years until he decides to kill himself.
Of course someone follows his little journey with an iphone and documents it on twitter.

Seriously though, if he or any of these guys end up in jail or prison what do you guys think will happen?
Everyone will know what they're in for and we've all heard the rumor of how rapists are being treated in jail...These kids are gonna suffer.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #490
jackietreehorn8
Unimpressed

I think whether or not she was actually drugged is a very important part of the case. As far as I know, the police aren't saying she was. If she was, they need to find a witness willing to testify with first hand knowledge of that fact...preferably the guy who supplied the drug to one of the kids and someone who personally put it in her drink or saw someone put it in her drink.

If she was drugged, there's a whole level of premeditation that the defense can probably get around if they can say there's the possibility that she just drank herself silly and they kids got caught up in the moment and ran a train on her. They're still guilty of rape, but it's a less severe thing in my opinion than systematically planning out a rape by drugging someone.

Closed Thread