i live and am from Fortaleza, Brazil, and im going to be in california from 3 to 11 january only in LA (staying in el segundo) and in san francisco (still dont know where im staying, but a hotel in a central area) and with a lot of free time
ive been training for a year now, and although im not a professional or anything, jiu jitsu has become a big part of my life. I train twice a day and participate in every competition if im not hurt.
I have some doubts and want some tips and I was hoping you guys could help me!
1) Where would you recommend that I buy things like mouthpieces, headgears, rashguards, etc? i am getting many for me and my friends
2) what else would you recommend buying? I think the only thing that isn't worth buying in the US is a gi, from what ive researched
3) I want to train! Do I have to take a gi all the way from here? Can I rent one or something? If not, i guess I will end up buying one.
4) where do you guys train? where do you recommend that i train that is close to el segundo LA and to central parts of san francisco?
5) how does it work if you want to train just a couple of days?
6) I would like to train with a legend of jiu jitsu, if possible even a private lesson I would be willing to pay... Who do you recommend and where?
7) If someone here wants to recomend me a place where i can roll for free with people, like an open mat, and just meet jiu jitsu people in general, I would really appreciate. Rolling with someone from here would be great too!!
8) any other recommendations in general for a 25 year old brazilian guy who likes grappling and other stuff too!
thank you very much!!