Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion > Diet Logs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
markulous

Black Belt
 
markulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Looking to trim fat

Okay figured I'd start one of these to keep track of. I'm pretty broke at the moment so I gotta cycle out some of my food before I can eat ideally(I'm probably going to cut out the milk and cereal in the morning with porridge or oatmeal). There's a few things I want to switch up but I'm not going to waste any food. I'm still going to watch my caloric intake though.

Age: 26
Height: 6'3.5"
Weight: 231
Goal Weight: 210(maybe a hair less depending how I feel at that weight. I know 180 is too low though)
Build: Average
BMR: 3000(based on going to the gym 4 days a week for at least an hour)

Only drinking water.

Take daily multi along with vitamin C supplements.

03-12-10

Breakfast 8:30am
2 Servings of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1% milk: 300 Cal. 12g Pro

Snack 12:00pm
Granola Bar: 150 Cal. 4g Pro

Lunch 1:45pm
Healthy Choice Steamer(Chicken and various vegetables in garlic sauce): 270 Cal. 20g Pro
1/2 Serving of Sun Chips: 70 Cal. 2g Pro

Snack 4:20pm
Cashews: 160 Cal. 4g Pro
Mixed fruit: 70 Cal. 0g Pro

Dinner 6:30pm
Garden Salad w/ Italian dressing 125 Cal. 6g Pro
Can of Tuna 180 Cal. 24g Pro
Low fat yogurt 100 Cal. 5g Pro

Snack 7:30pm
Assorted raw veggies: 50 Cal. 1g Pro.

Calories Consumed: 1475
Protein Consumed: 78g

Other than the obvious not eating Honey Nut Cheerios and a granola bar, I need to add a little more protein. Probably at least a 100g.


03-13-10

Weight: 230

Breakfast 8:20am
2 Servings of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1% milk: 300 Cal. 12g Pro

Snack 11:20am
Raw Almonds: 170 Cal. 7 Pro
Mixed Fruit: 70 Cal. 0 Pro

Lunch 1:20pm
Garden Salad w/ Italian dressing 125 Cal. 6g Pro
Can of Tuna 180 Cal. 24g Pro

Snack 3:40pm
Jerked Turkey: 240 Cal. 30g Pro

Dinner 6:30pm
3 Eggs: 240 Cal. 20g Pro
Assorted veggies: 70 Cal. 2g Pro
Yogurt: 100 Cal. 5g Pro

Snack 8:30pm
Assorted Fruit: 60 Cal. 0g Pro

Calories Consumed: 1555
Protein Consumed: 106g

Halfway decent amount of protein today, but that's only because of that jerked turkey. I may have to eat another can of tuna each day.


03-14-10

Weight: 229

Breakfast 8:45am
2 Servings of Honey Nut Cheerios with 1% milk: 300 Cal. 12g Pro

Snack 10:30pm/12:20pm
Almonds 200 Cal. 9g Pro
Peaches: 70 Cal. 1g Pro

Lunch 2:00pm
Garden Salad w/ Italian dressing 125 Cal. 6g Pro
Can of Tuna 180 Cal. 24g Pro
Yogurt: 100 Cal. 5g Pro

Snack 4:30pm
Almonds 200 Cal. 9g Pro

Dinner 7:00pm
Chicken 150 Cal. 35g Pro
Veggies 60 Cal. 2g Pro
Yogurt 100 Cal. 6g Pro

Snack
Shaved chicken breast: 150 Cal. 30g Pro

Consumed Calories: 1635
Consumed Protein: 139g Pro

__________________
Bitches leave.

Last edited by markulous; 03-15-2010 at 12:29 AM.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
wand25

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 204
vCash: 500
Where is your source of protein? It seems like your consuming only carbs. You need to add some lean proteins(eggs, turkey, chicken) and cut some of those carbs. Your carbs should come from whole grains such as oatmeal and brown rice.

wand25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Deltron 3030
Posing for Balls Models
 
Deltron 3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Look at some of the posters in the diet log -- honey nut cheerios is silly for a weight loss plan where you also have a granola bar as your next meal. Read the faqs and some of the diet logs. Good luck.

Deltron 3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
markulous

Black Belt
 
markulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wand25 View Post
Where is your source of protein? It seems like your consuming only carbs. You need to add some lean proteins(eggs, turkey, chicken) and cut some of those carbs. Your carbs should come from whole grains such as oatmeal and brown rice.
Well I've had milk for breakfast and chicken for lunch. And there was a little in the cashews. I'll probably have some tuna for dinner along with a garden salad.

Like I said though, I'm going to get some oatmeal after I'm done with my cereal because I'm not going to waste food.

I'm not too worried about carbs since I'm generally running 3 miles a day and doing a light weight training at the gym.

__________________
Bitches leave.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
markulous

Black Belt
 
markulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron 3030 View Post
Look at some of the posters in the diet log -- honey nut cheerios is silly for a weight loss plan where you also have a granola bar as your next meal. Read the faqs and some of the diet logs. Good luck.
Again...this food isn't ideal. I'm broke. Once it runs out within a week, I'm getting better food. I just decided to put up my log today for my own sake so I can count calories easier. I got most of this food for free.

I've been reading the diet logs and FAQs the past week. Within a week or two, when most of this food runs out I'm going to stop eating cereal and milk and replace it with oatmeal/porridge and fruit. And I only have 2 more granola bars left, likely I will replace that with fruit and raw almonds.

And silly or not, the Cheerios aren't terrible for you. While I wouldn't call them healthy, they have a little Fiber and don't have a terrible amount of a sugar.

And in the past 2 months I've lost 9 lbs. by exercising regularly and creating a caloric deficit so I know I'm doing something right. Although, there is a lot of room for improvement obviously.

__________________
Bitches leave.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
MMA RLZ
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
Again...this food isn't ideal. I'm broke. Once it runs out within a week, I'm getting better food. I just decided to put up my log today for my own sake so I can count calories easier. I got most of this food for free.

I've been reading the diet logs and FAQs the past week. Within a week or two, when most of this food runs out I'm going to stop eating cereal and milk and replace it with oatmeal/porridge and fruit. And I only have 2 more granola bars left, likely I will replace that with fruit and raw almonds.

And silly or not, the Cheerios aren't terrible for you. While I wouldn't call them healthy, they have a little Fiber and don't have a terrible amount of a sugar.

And in the past 2 months I've lost 9 lbs. by exercising regularly and creating a caloric deficit so I know I'm doing something right. Although, there is a lot of room for improvement obviously.
Sorry to hear money's an issue. But 9 lbs. in 2 months, as long as it's sustainable, isn't bad. I'll lose like 15 lbs a month and then gain it right back (we're similar in size). It doesn't seem like you're having a problem losing weight, so I'd so go with what works. Dieting always seems to be different for everyone, so as long as you're sustaining it, keep it up. My biggest tip is just to drink a shitload of water so you don't think you're hungry.

MMA RLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #7
markulous

Black Belt
 
markulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA RLZ View Post
Sorry to hear money's an issue. But 9 lbs. in 2 months, as long as it's sustainable, isn't bad. I'll lose like 15 lbs a month and then gain it right back (we're similar in size). It doesn't seem like you're having a problem losing weight, so I'd so go with what works. Dieting always seems to be different for everyone, so as long as you're sustaining it, keep it up. My biggest tip is just to drink a shitload of water so you don't think you're hungry.
Hopefully I should have a steady job again soon where money won't be as tight then I can eat a bit better.

My body generally won't gain back weight very easily. I won't binge or anything either. The main reason I have lost that weight was from cutting out fast food.

I haven't touched a soda in years. Until about 3 months ago I was drinking about 6-12 beers a month, but I've cut that out(maybe one beer a month from now on). As you said drinking a ton of water really helps.

__________________
Bitches leave.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
MaryTriangle

White Belt
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San diego
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
take vpx redline capsules for 17.50 off of amazon

helps me shed weight for the summer every year, it's the best out there bar none

MaryTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
Deltron 3030
Posing for Balls Models
 
Deltron 3030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markulous View Post
Again...this food isn't ideal. I'm broke. Once it runs out within a week, I'm getting better food. I just decided to put up my log today for my own sake so I can count calories easier. I got most of this food for free.

I've been reading the diet logs and FAQs the past week. Within a week or two, when most of this food runs out I'm going to stop eating cereal and milk and replace it with oatmeal/porridge and fruit. And I only have 2 more granola bars left, likely I will replace that with fruit and raw almonds.

And silly or not, the Cheerios aren't terrible for you. While I wouldn't call them healthy, they have a little Fiber and don't have a terrible amount of a sugar.

And in the past 2 months I've lost 9 lbs. by exercising regularly and creating a caloric deficit so I know I'm doing something right. Although, there is a lot of room for improvement obviously.
Listen, I can understand if money is tight -- I'm not trying to shit on you (my diet isnt perfect). But, what I'm seeing, if I read between the lines, is that you have lost a decent amount of weight by eating highly processed foods like cheerios and granola bars -- that sounds like a recipe for skinny fat. I have no idea what type of training you do (if any) but you need to consider the quality of the calories you consume. I will acknowledge that if you simply want to lose weight you can likely do it on 3 bowls of cheerios a day but it comes at a cost.

Deltron 3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
markulous

Black Belt
 
markulous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron 3030 View Post
Listen, I can understand if money is tight -- I'm not trying to shit on you (my diet isnt perfect). But, what I'm seeing, if I read between the lines, is that you have lost a decent amount of weight by eating highly processed foods like cheerios and granola bars -- that sounds like a recipe for skinny fat. I have no idea what type of training you do (if any) but you need to consider the quality of the calories you consume. I will acknowledge that if you simply want to lose weight you can likely do it on 3 bowls of cheerios a day but it comes at a cost.
Yeah I know what you're saying. By next week I'll have consumed both the cheerios and granola bars and hopefully then I have enough money to go to the store to grab some healthy stuff that I want.

I'll lift some weights at the gym to try and maintain a little muscle but I'm not putting on any muscle or anything. I don't do any MMA or any competing. I'm just doing this to lower my body fat %. If by chance I do lose a little muscle, I'm okay with that.

I know it looks bad posting this and right out the bat I'm eating a mediocre breakfast and snack right before I go to the gym. I was just bored and wanted to get an accurate count of calories instead of counting them in my head. I really am going to change that by next week.

__________________
Bitches leave.
markulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"