Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Video Game Forum

Old 04-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #71
Linkuei
"Link, Linkage, Mr Linkovich, and Linky

vCash: 500
I wouldn't go as far and say hardcore vs casual. There are hardcore gamers on console. I can name a few for FPS and FG are hardcore gamers on Console. It's just they don't play on PC or the games are not on PC.

If anything it's more on Preferences on how they want to play then one being hardcore than casual. But I will say there are more casual gamers on console.

Blitz online little bro

Last of the Soul brotha Mods

Chocolate Knight
Linkuei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #72
jerzey devil
Jerzey-Duz-It

Location: At a restaurant, because the customer is always right. -Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkuei View Post
I wouldn't go as far and say hardcore vs casual. There are hardcore gamers on console. I can name a few for FPS and FG are hardcore gamers on Console. It's just they don't play on PC or the games are not on PC.

If anything it's more on Preferences on how they want to play then one being hardcore than casual. But I will say there are more casual gamers on console.
That's essentially where I was going with that post. There will always be more casual gamers on consoles and in general therefore console gaming will never go away and will probably always sell more.

New Jersey Devils
Whoever's playing against the New York Rangers
Wanderlei Silva
BJ Penn
Babalu
Urijah Faber
Matt Serra
New York Giants
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
jerzey devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #73
Veggie530

Red Belt

vCash: 50
Nah, they won't crash and burn. Gaming is too mainstream now -- it isn't like ten-fifteen years ago when it wasn't as popular.

Veggie530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #74
Tyler-Durden

Orange Belt

vCash: 450
What I can see happening in the next generation is if both the rumours that the new Xbox & PS4 block used games I can see that causing a lot of gamers going back to the PC unless the cost of a new game drops to $40 - $45 (which we all know will not happen).

I am all for helping out developers and when I can I pick up new games but with how games are in terms of games getting hyped up beyond belief only for the finished product to suck there is no way I can afford to shell out $60+ for each and every new game out there.

I think too its time that consoles this upcoming generation start offering gamers more for their buck, this generation its all been about how to squeeze more $ out of the consumer with DLC (some legit, some on disk thats been locked) and I think this is a trend that has to change.

Tyler-Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #75
relentless23

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-Durden View Post
What I can see happening in the next generation is if both the rumours that the new Xbox & PS4 block used games I can see that causing a lot of gamers going back to the PC unless the cost of a new game drops to $40 - $45 (which we all know will not happen).

I am all for helping out developers and when I can I pick up new games but with how games are in terms of games getting hyped up beyond belief only for the finished product to suck there is no way I can afford to shell out $60+ for each and every new game out there.

I think too its time that consoles this upcoming generation start offering gamers more for their buck, this generation its all been about how to squeeze more $ out of the consumer with DLC (some legit, some on disk thats been locked) and I think this is a trend that has to change.

Not going to happen when it comes to playing games on the pc instead of a console because of preference and the cost. And I don't think the consoles will block used games but I can them blocking out achievements/trophies like some games on the ps vita do.

relentless23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #76
untouchable one

White Belt

I personally think its a joke if there going to do this shit but people will still but but come on not every kid has the same games and shit so lets say my son wants to bring his game over to play at his buddys house now he has to friggin bring the whole system its a fackin joke but really doesent matter at all to me anyhow ill just pirate everygame they make anyhow just like i do with my ps3 aand xbox thxs abgx*?!

untouchable one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #77
gopackgo555
It's the music that we choose

I will transition to PC games, which I'm probably going to do regardless.

gopackgo555 is offline   Reply With Quote