Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Video Game Forum

Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Rampage12716

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
UFC Undisputed 3 Career Mode

What do I need to know to get the most out of my career mode fighter...in the video game? Training tips anything I should know before playing?

Lyoto Machida-Chris Weidman-Gegard Mousasi
Nick Diaz-Rory MacDonald
Eddie Alvarez-Donald Cerrone
Frankie Edgar-Dustin Poirier-Max Holloway
Urijah Faber
Rampage12716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Kweli

Yellow Belt

Once you hit your 15th fight you will be forced into a single camp and you can only use their special moves.. so make sure you learn things from other camps during that first 15 fights.

I dont understand why they cant make a "auto train" that isnt 100%... i hate having to play these minigames, and i hate loosing 50% potential

Why cant they just keep throwing me into fights and letting me pick what to improve

Kweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Steve French
Banned

Start off with a kick boxer preset you get a high kick and a right and left spinning back fist right off the bat.

Take your career slow in the beginning. Take the lowest level comp. (tune up fights) until you get your stats in the 70's. You can stay in the WFA as long as you want, so take advantage of that.

Don't go into the UFC until you have your stats are in the mid 70's.

Learn the mini games they're not that hard once you get the hang of them.

Stand up sparring
: forget defense spam punches as fast as you can and throw in runnleg kicks.

mitt sparring: Forget the punching commands. Throw a punch then sway back over and over.

clinch sparring: either go for throws or knees up against the cage.

tire flip: go for a take down and shine the hell out of your right analog stick.

learn the spinning back kick to the body, the front push kick, and the single plum clinch throw to side control Prior to settling with Greg Jackson's camp.

Last edited by Steve French; 03-01-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Steve French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #4
Steve French
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweli View Post
Once you hit your 15th fight you will be forced into a single camp and you can only use their special moves.. so make sure you learn things from other camps during that first 15 fights.

I dont understand why they cant make a "auto train" that isnt 100%... i hate having to play these minigames, and i hate loosing 50% potential

Why cant they just keep throwing me into fights and letting me pick what to improve
Good to know.

Steve French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
WoodenPie**
Banned

Well I'm on my third fighter. My first fighter, I made him a kickboxer and joined Greg Jackson's gym. My second go at it, I made him a karate fighter and joined Black House (I highly recommend this) and now I'm a Muay Thai fighter training with Sityodtong (sp?). I'm going to be joining all 6 camps. I kind of noticed that the camps have different moves depending on your fighters base style.

WoodenPie** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
Gaskal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage12716 View Post
What do I need to know to get the most out of my career mode fighter...in the video game? Training tips anything I should know before playing?
Depends on what difficulty you're at.

1.) You get 1-2 "actions" between fights which can be either a training (stats) or a camp session (learn/level up moves)

2.) A well trained fighter can be surprisingly good stat wise after retirement. My "K1" Brock is like 91 and regular Brock at 88. Only learn what moves you need from camps, and train very hard.

3.) The different types of training drills will usually have a stat increase and some will actually subtract a stat pt or two. You have the option to do the drill manually yourself or just sim it. If you choose manual workout, however well you perform the drill you will get 1-4 stars (simming automatically just gives you 2) and come with a better/worse stat increase.

The cage control and takedown defense drills are super easy to do manually and if you need some good stats in takedown off/def and ground grappling.

4.) You will be forced to pick 1 camp to train with after a while so make sure you look over their move list for each camp and then pick one that seems to meet the gameplan/style you implement. If you're playing at Advanced/Expert like me, make sure to learn some ground escapes/reversals especially from side control/mount. Wolfslair is amazing for that.

5.) Fight matchups are either unclassified, Tune Up fights (crushing cans) or Fill In (only 1 action but with more CRED). If you just lost, probably would be a good idea to sign for a tune up fight.

6.) The currency you get is CRED, you can either use it to increase your physical stat max or MMA stat max. Before in 2010 you'd have decay thresholds of 30, 50, and 70. In 3, your stats only max at 60. You have to use CRED to buy either training programs (Cardio, Strength, Speed, Footwork) or sparring partners to increase the max. You can also use CRED to buy sponsor logos/shirts.

Overall I feel that 2010's career had much more depth and 3 was more refined. If you took the best parts of career out of 2010 and applied it to 3 then you'd have one heck of a great Career Mode.

Gaskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #7
Gaskal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
learn the spinning back kick to the body,
LOL, every single one of my CAFs has either a right/left rolling sabbat.

Gaskal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
DiegoDiegerson

Green Belt

Is there any value to going to the weigh-ins for a title fight?

DiegoDiegerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
Vandelay Salvia

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoDiegerson View Post
Is there any value to going to the weigh-ins for a title fight?
No its just a cool detail.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #10
Vandelay Salvia

Orange Belt

If you screw up a training game, you can hit start at any point and exit out to the main menu and just reload your career for another try. You usually get two training sessions per fight, so if you do well in the first one, make sure you save your game so you don't have to repeat both training games.

Otherwise, I would mainly focus on building up stats early in your career while learning (and maxing out) a few moves that won't be offered by your permanent camp.

Once you take (and win) a "UFC Scouted" fight the UFC will begin offering you fights. Do not take fights against the harder UFC guys if you don't have the stats to compete. Keep grinding out wins in the WFA until you get offered the "right" matchup.

I usually stay in the WFA for 12 to 15 fights to give myself a good shot against the UFC fighters. This is on Advanced difficulty.