Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Video Game Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #211
dAfTiE

Brown Belt
 
dAfTiE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
get this:

At least your fighting stick can have a decent character on it even if your chosen game doesn't have any in it.
Fighting edge stick looks nice too, hopefully someone will be importing these.
Hori Announces VF5: FS, Fighting Edge Arcade Sticks « Shoryuken

__________________
"Motherfucker,you're not a vet,you're just old"
-El P
DJ DangerMouse + MF DOOM > all

WAR EINEMO!!!11
dAfTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #212
Abortedone
I Sects american wemon
 
Abortedone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pornoslavia
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
well that shit just sunk this game for me not really the hacking part but the dlc on the fucking disc shit

__________________
“Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.”


― Al Capone
Abortedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #213
Kweli

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
I was planning on buying the game on sunday until i read that the new chars will cost 20 bucks, and they are already finished on the disc.... wtf
im not spending 90+ dollars for it

Kweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #214
dAfTiE

Brown Belt
 
dAfTiE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abortedone View Post
well that shit just sunk this game for me not really the hacking part but the dlc on the fucking disc shit
What is worse?
Having to download like 4 gigs of characters you haven't fucking bought so you can get matches like MK, or having that shit on the disc?
I know I'd go for having them on the disc every fucking time, getting all the free character packs installed for MK was the biggest pain in the ass I've had with a game since having to fuck around with dip switches to set the IRQ on my game port card back in like '90. Fuck that.

__________________
"Motherfucker,you're not a vet,you're just old"
-El P
DJ DangerMouse + MF DOOM > all

WAR EINEMO!!!11
dAfTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #215
Abortedone
I Sects american wemon
 
Abortedone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pornoslavia
Posts: 2,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAfTiE View Post
What is worse?
Having to download like 4 gigs of characters you haven't fucking bought so you can get matches like MK, or having that shit on the disc?
I know I'd go for having them on the disc every fucking time, getting all the free character packs installed for MK was the biggest pain in the ass I've had with a game since having to fuck around with dip switches to set the IRQ on my game port card back in like '90. Fuck that.
with the stuff not being on the disk no one is really twisting your arm to get. true the same can be said for it being on the retail disk however with that said if it is already on the retail disk it should be playable from day fucking one. Honestly I'm sick of the whole DLC thing in general over time it went from stuff they didn't have room for on the disk and it was to good to throw away. However being a lazy ass about shit then charging for the stuff that should have already been on the disk or in the case on the disk is a bit different I'm just tired of half assed games being put out only to nickel and dime people on top of having to download x amount of patches in order to get the fucking game right.

__________________
“Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me.”


― Al Capone
Abortedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #216
dAfTiE

Brown Belt
 
dAfTiE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abortedone View Post
with the stuff not being on the disk no one is really twisting your arm to get. true the same can be said for it being on the retail disk however with that said if it is already on the retail disk it should be playable from day fucking one. Honestly I'm sick of the whole DLC thing in general over time it went from stuff they didn't have room for on the disk and it was to good to throw away. However being a lazy ass about shit then charging for the stuff that should have already been on the disk or in the case on the disk is a bit different I'm just tired of half assed games being put out only to nickel and dime people on top of having to download x amount of patches in order to get the fucking game right.
For fighting games though, it fragments the install base really badly.
I HAVE to download the character data to be able to play against someone who bought a dlc character, otherwise I can't match with'em.
Having that data on the disk saves me an assload of hassle if I never get the dlc characters myself, and less hassle==a good thing in my book.

__________________
"Motherfucker,you're not a vet,you're just old"
-El P
DJ DangerMouse + MF DOOM > all

WAR EINEMO!!!11
dAfTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #217
Cyke_out

Brown Belt
 
Cyke_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 3,973
vCash: 500
is downloading a compatibility patch really that much of an hassle?

__________________
Join Date > Post Count

PSN: Frostycyke
Cyke_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #218
dAfTiE

Brown Belt
 
dAfTiE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 4,017
vCash: 500
One patch, not really.
The way they did it with MK?
Absolutely. Up there with getting game code printed out and having to type that shit in myself.

Either way is more hassle than just having the data on the disk though.

__________________
"Motherfucker,you're not a vet,you're just old"
-El P
DJ DangerMouse + MF DOOM > all

WAR EINEMO!!!11
dAfTiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #219
Cyke_out

Brown Belt
 
Cyke_out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 3,973
vCash: 500
I guess that is true, but the amount of effort it takes to hit download and then go take a poop while you wait isn't a big deal to me.

__________________
Join Date > Post Count

PSN: Frostycyke
Cyke_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:37 PM   #220
Kweli

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
vCash: 500
I didnt like the MK model either... optional installs for EACH character..
Id rather be forced to patch my machine everytime there is DLC... throw a patch in there to make everyone happy...

Kweli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"