Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Video Game Forum

Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #21
bbbdvan81

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Mass Effect 1 was my favorite RPG in a while. You should try that one...

Dolorous Edd
bbbdvan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #22
One4Deuce

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
I've really enjoyed a few RPGs but have never been into the turn-based games. I loved Fallout 3, New Vegas was pretty good. I'm looking forward to playing Kingdoms of Amular Reckoning. Oddly enough I tried playing Oblivion and didn't really enjoy it. I like the leveling up/choose how you want to play aspects of RPGs, also enjoy item collection type of stuff. I don't really consider Borderlands an RPG but I liked the leveling up/finding weapons aspect of it, same goes for Dead Rising.

One4Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 AM   #23
A Bit of the Old Ultraviolence

If you find them boring then there's no point in explaining the appeal. Luckily there's a lot of other types of games that you can play.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #24
LazyFatass
Hey look! It's an inanimate carbon rod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scald85 View Post
Haha, only Fallout there is really a solid RPG.
Fable is a complete solo RPG by pretty much every possible metric.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #25
Blayt7hh

Silver Belt

I bet the ts also gets headaches when he tries to read a book

Blayt7hh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #26
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

I find it boring to just walk around shooting everything with hardly any storyline, like Halo, COD, Battlefield etc. I'll play them on occasion but RPGs tend to be more interesting.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #27
Colt Hakim Bolo

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Bit of the Old Ultraviolence View Post
If you find them boring then there's no point in explaining the appeal. Luckily there's a lot of other types of games that you can play.
This is actually the best answer. Nothing is for everyone. To say you get bored from an rpg on the video game section of a message board is obviously going to rub some people the wrong way, but people just have different tastes.

I find most sports games boring, myself. Except Undisputed, of course.

Colt Hakim Bolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #28
Sakuraba is #1

Blue Belt

Fair enough. I just could never get into RPG's. I gave it a shot, but found games like Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls and Skyrim boring as hell. Games such as Warcraft and Starcraft (not sure if they're considered RPG's) really boring as well.

Sakuraba is #1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
Blayt7hh

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkenWouldOwn View Post
I find it boring to just walk around shooting everything with hardly any storyline, like Halo, COD, Battlefield etc. I'll play them on occasion but RPGs tend to be more interesting.
Halo CE and Halo reach are good single player games. I'm no Halo fan but those two are legit

Old 03-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #30
m25105

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe Jogan View Post
The JRPG's at PS1, and Fallout1 and 2 were way better than the RPG's today.

They relied on the story to make them appealing. The RPG's today rely on the graphics and effects.

Ehmm no. Fallout and Fallout 2 would've sucked bad if it relied on story. What made those games so great was the freedom to do what you wanted, set in a post apocalyptic world with some dark/black humour thrown at it.

Can't speak for JRPGS as those games never caught my interest.