Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > General Discussion > Video Game Forum

Old 05-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #21
GhostZ06

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Blizzard has said during an investors call today that it's 'targeting' a Q3 - i.e. late summer - release for an external beta of Diablo 3.

Blizzard big shot Michael Morhaime said the game is coming along nicely, and that development team is targeting a Q3 launch for "external beta testing".

He went on to reassert that Blizzard isn't yet ready to confirm a release date for the final game. Morhaime assures fans that the firm is "working hard to release the game this year", but said it "will not compromise the quality of the game to hit a launch window".

News: Diablo 3 public beta 'targeting Q3 2011' release - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

GhostZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #22
chissykush

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
I'd hit you all in the face with a hammer to make this game come out.

Claw side.
3 guys 1 hammer watch it you sick fuck

jk jk but srsly if you want to see that shit watch it, its a live murder

Old 05-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
InfinitiG35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyepokesftw View Post
I'll take Skyrim or The Witcher 2 over D3 anyday... I bought the Diablo Battle Chest a month ago since I lost my previous D2 discs long ago.. I can't get back into the game even with all the mods that are now available. It's way too repetitive and the combat system sucks. All you do is mash your left and right mouse button and occasionally change your right button to a different skill. The inventory system is terrible and time consuming. You have to mash your way through areas that you have mashed your way through time and time again... Meh.. Torchlight is 10x more fun than D2... I'll probably still pick up D3 though.. Blizzard can do no wrong, with he exception being WoW.
I don't get your reasoning here. Skyrim is my 2nd most anticipated game behind D3 but for completely different reasons.

I've also tried to get back into d2 within the past few years and could not, but that doesn't make it a bad game its just dated compared to whats out there now, but to compare that experience with what you are expecting from d3 is a bit of a stretch. Also The Witcher and Skyrim are completely different types of games, sure they all have RPG aspects but what makes Diablo2/3 a GOAT is the multiplayer aspect. Did anyone really play it solo and consider it the best game they've ever played? No. It was my fav of all time because of online thats what the game is geared towards.

InfinitiG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #24
CrazyPope**
Banned

I can't fucking wait for this game. I hope it's as amazing as I think it will be.

CrazyPope** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #25
klataubarada

Brown Belt

Semi off topic, but does anyone remember Deckard Cain in D1..."stay a while, and listen."

Totally Sean Connery.

klataubarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #26
Plutoburn

Belt design: e-Bank
Plutoburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #27
GhostZ06

Silver Belt

Meet Diablo III's New Enchantress, Scoundrel and Templar

GhostZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #28
Tyler-Durden

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyepokesftw View Post
I'll take Skyrim or The Witcher 2 over D3 anyday... I bought the Diablo Battle Chest a month ago since I lost my previous D2 discs long ago.. I can't get back into the game even with all the mods that are now available. It's way too repetitive and the combat system sucks. All you do is mash your left and right mouse button and occasionally change your right button to a different skill. The inventory system is terrible and time consuming. You have to mash your way through areas that you have mashed your way through time and time again... Meh.. Torchlight is 10x more fun than D2... I'll probably still pick up D3 though.. Blizzard can do no wrong, with he exception being WoW.
Fair charge and I am not going to refute your charge or opinion but I think Diablo is more about going through and getting loot + building up characters faster than in an MMO.

I know I spent countless hours trying to get the various rare stones in D2 + Expansions and will most likely do the same with D3 unless the requirements are nuts

Tyler-Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #29
MoroccanFan

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by klataubarada View Post
Semi off topic, but does anyone remember Deckard Cain in D1..."stay a while, and listen."

Totally Sean Connery.
Lol I still have the Diablo 2 disc I was fucking addicted to that game, and those books that are read by some voice I thought it was really epic for that time

Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
Tachy

vCash: 448
I started playing the beta this week.

It only has act 1 and up to level 10, but it is sweet so far.

If anyone wants I can post screen caps