Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Sherdog Content > Events

Old 04-02-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
witchbrow

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Fights in Fort Wayne, Indiana

My friend is trying to find a fight In Ft Wayne, In. Anyone know of a card and can give me details to pass on to him so he can join the card? Thanks for any and all help.

Fan of:
Фёдор
The Nogs
Randy
Severn
Renzo
Fitch
KenFlo
Taktarov
witchbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Oblivian
Aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchbrow View Post
My friend is trying to find a fight In Ft Wayne, In. Anyone know of a card and can give me details to pass on to him so he can join the card? Thanks for any and all help.
How about areas around Ft. Wayne? You may want to message "Ifight4beer". He's from that area and fights in quite a bit of shows. Here is another site for a place about an hour away from Ft. Wayne. You can message the promoter in the forum. index.htm

Oblivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #3
NerfKnees
Back To Lurking

Here in Bloomington there's no shortage of people holding fights, but very few of them are legitimate. Some of the people I've trained with have fought in bars. Sadly, the best organization that I know of is called Elite Cagefighting, (I believe) which is located in Indianapolis and is known to have freak show fights. One of the cards my friends were on had a midget fight on it.

Northwest Indiana is supposedly big on MMA, especially since Torres became famous. Up there around the dunes you could probably find a lot of guys looking for fighters.

NerfKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
NerfKnees
Back To Lurking

You could also consider talking to some of the Indiana fight camps and seeing what they know about fights.

The biggest camps I know of are Torres MMA, Duneland Vale Tudo, and Integrated Fighting Academy. Google them for contact info.

And if your friend doesn't have a camp he should not be fighting. I've been training hard with a good camp for 3 years and know that I'm not yet skilled enough to be seriously competing in MMA.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Oblivian
Aging

There are definitely fights all over. As NerfKnees said, a lot of them aren't very organized. While the small shows are often unorganized and "ghetto", you have that just about everywhere. Again, I'd strongly encourage you to message Ifight4beer or post in his log in the S+P forum. Besides that, I know Lafayette has Legends of Fighting. Here is a link to the mma gym there. You may be able to get some help from them on who to contact. Rhyno's Gym

Old 04-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
NerfKnees
Back To Lurking

Completely forgot about Legends of Fighting and Lafayette is where I was born! LoF seems like a decent organization though I'm not sure they'll accept amateur fighters. HOOKnSHOOT is another big organization in Indiana.

Also check out C-4 MMA. They have Chris Price, Dave Herman, and Tristan Yunker, some of the best unheralded Hoosier fighters.

Just looked at one of my friend's pro stats, and it shows just how disorganized the shows are, because he's had like six pro fights and his fight finder only lists 2 of his fights. Some of the organizations are so bad that they didn't even submit their results to Sherdog. This is the kind of shit a new fighter will have to deal with, because in the big picture even organizations like Elite XC or YAMMA were less corrupt and better organized than 99% of the MMA orgs in the world.

Last edited by NerfKnees; 04-02-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #7
Oblivian
Aging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerfKnees View Post
Completely forgot about Legends of Fighting and Lafayette is where I was born! LoF seems like a decent organization though I'm not sure they'll accept amateur fighters.

Also check out C-4 MMA. They have Chris Price, Dave Herman, and Tristan Yunker, some of the best unheralded Hoosier fighters.
Did you go to high school in Lafayette? If so, how old are you?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #8
NerfKnees
Back To Lurking

Harrison High School class of '05.

Old 04-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
Oblivian
Aging

Hmm..that's a little bit after my time. I know a couple people around your age, but I'm not sure if they went to Harrison, Jeff, or West Lafayette. Do you know Ryan Creamer or Sean Johnson?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
NerfKnees
Back To Lurking

Don't think so, but I wasn't exactly the most social guy so I could have gone to school with them and not ever talked to them. Let's continue this via PMs.