Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
"Nasty" Nate Becker
Professional Fighter

vCash: 500
PRO Fighter diet

Ryan "HULK" Miller wrote this to me. We are trying to lower my body fat %
Live to Fight Forums • View topic - Diet talk

first off nutrition is key. but we need to think off our selves as a million dollar sports car. if this vehichle has been running off a certain type of fuel for most of its performance career and then suddenly changes, expect problems ahead. same thing with your eating if youve been eatin shit your whole life we cant go cold turkey you'll end up in a methadone clinic giving hand-jobs for potato chips. so the best thing to do is keep up with what you usually eat just change the times you fill up. so don't eat 3 meals a day eat 6 equal half portion meals, with less food per meal the body will speed up and start looking for aditional energy sources like the stores of food waiting to become fat and shit. then we

take your desired weight in lean body mass and divide it bye 30gpc (grams protein and carbohydrates) per meal.
example: 155lbs / 30gpc = 5.16669 meals per day of 30 grams of protein 30 grams of carbohydrates.

which my friend is not much. but the strangest thing will happen in a few day maybe a week your energy will go through the roof and you"ll always be hungry and the full after a bite so you just spread those meals out throughout the day bout every 2 hrs from when you eat breakfast (truly the most important meal) and force yourself to adhere to the regimen. every 2 hrs no sooner or later and every bite. i would reccomend doing this for at least 6 weeks before modifying the nutrition in your diet its only for your long term goals and health sudden changes make big impacts on our bodies. 6 weeks is not long.

next you can start introducing leaner energy sources IE.foods so not to be a dick but I'm gonna hold off there on nutrition for now cuz usually people feel they know more than me once Ive relinquished the info and they skip a few steps and then they come back and say i was having great success at the begining but what you said didn't work at the end so when i ask what they were doing its generally the same story.
" i started spreading out my meals was feeling better noticing some difference then about 2 weeks when they're feeling good they go ahead and cut back on meals and eat the lean menu and then they get lean and weak and then they get sick and then because they are sick they become inactive and when you become inactive and have starved the body of its normal energy source (fuel and amount) its going to rebel and crave sugar and fat to build the body back up and your starved body is going to hold on to every last fucking calorie and you get fatter than when you started (which is what happened to lots of Jews after WWII) ((which ironically is also common when people first workout)).

so then on to what you are doing and at the same time not. you work daily in a very high impact high intensity anaerobic / aerobic sport and you are one of the best but in being the best you are able to perform this task relatively easy which is why its not a great way of building lean muscle for you. my argument for this is such: work load capacity.

guy A moves 5000lbs over the course of an hour one 50lbs box every min for 8 hours = 40,000lbs . this is you

guy B moves 5000lbs in one minute 500lbs 10 reps 6sec. each and he continues this every ten minutes for an hour = 40,000lbs this is me

who gets more benefit (lean muscle)? so i think you need a strength program designed for the added power you"ll need to continue you career as well as to achieve you body fat goals. sorry bro-ski you gotta pimp your ride.

the key is balance to all of it i was heavy on the muscle light on the conditioning, you are heavy on conditioning light on muscle. so get in the weight room don't be afraid of initial weight gain its common your body is adjusting but when it reaches homeostasis you will be lean on weight (easier) muscled up with lungs.

spread the meals out (same foods) start hitting the gym with goals like out benching the juice monkeys at your fight tempo and in about 6 - 8 weeks we will tweak it again. trust in this my friend and in 2 months youll already be a new monster 2 months later they will be writing ballads about your greatness a 155lb god made of iron and stone he moves like the wind and crashes like waves he will consume you like fire and his greatness will blot out the sun.

"Nasty" Nate Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
KoKick
Banned

I think the key for fighters with a 2-3 record is moving to a well known good camp like Greg Jackson, Kickboxing academy or american top team, training twice a day, sleeping well (try to go earlier to bed get 9 hours sleep) and eating healthy (protein, helathy fats, complex carbs instead of simple ones, vegetables and fruits). It's not really having a fancy body with 9 % fat instead of 12 % that is not the main goal, you have to take care of the big things first.

Last edited by KoKick; 12-16-2010 at 11:09 AM.
KoKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
James Fuller
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKick View Post
I think the key for fighters with a 2-3 record is moving to a well known good camp like Greg Jackson, Kickboxing academy or american top team, training twice a day, sleeping well (try to go earlier to bed get 9 hours sleep) and eating healthy (protein, helathy fats, complex carbs instead of simple ones, vegetables and fruits). It's not really having a fancy body with 9 % fat instead of 12 % that is not the main goal, you have to take care of the big things first.
who are you and why are you nitpicking an informative post from a pro fighter in OUR forum? Maybe that 2-3 fighter is in the wrong weight class due to his body weight/fat. Either way STFU

Thanks TS!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
KoKick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Fuller View Post
who are you and why are you nitpicking an informative post from a pro fighter in OUR forum? Maybe that 2-3 fighter is in the wrong weight class due to his body weight/fat. Either way STFU

Thanks TS!
I'm just giving good advice ; Nate "Nasty" Becker MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography, and More - Sherdog.com. 178 cm at 68kg doesn't sound like droping bodyfat % should be his main goal. Argue against the things I say not againts me personaly that's debating 101.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
"Nasty" Nate Becker
Professional Fighter

=)
I'm working my way towards a big camp. I currently train 2X a day. I've had a bad string of fights... My next fight will be soon and I know I'll come back with a W

"Nasty" Nate Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
KoKick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Nasty" Nate Becker View Post
=)
I'm working my way towards a big camp. I currently train 2X a day. I've had a bad string of fights... My next fight will be soon and I know I'll come back with a W
Good to see that you don't have any sand in your vagina . I know you can still make it just look at Denis Kang had a lto of losses earlier then made it to the big stages. Good luck man

Old 12-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #7
James Fuller
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKick View Post
Good to see that you don't have any sand in your vagina . I know you can still make it just look at Denis Kang had a lto of losses earlier then made it to the big stages. Good luck man
your such a wannabe pussy.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
neomage2021

Black Belt

Quote:
you sound like a douche

regarding the topic: Great post Nate! Really good advice for anyone trying to get their diet under control. Very sensible way to do it.

One thing you see alot of is fighters not doing proper weight training. Sure technique is the most important thing but every athlete should be lifting heavy and getting stronger. It will help you be more explosive and does NOT take away form speed as many people argue. It helps prevent injury and liek you said the added muscle will aid in becoming leaner by burning more calories.

even with all my MMA, kickboxing, grappling and conditioning workouts i sitll take an hour 3 times a week to do heavy lifting. compound and olympic lifts are king(squat, deadlift, bench, cleans, rows)

neomage2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #9
KoKick
Banned

Quote:
You don't want it with me sun
before you're career even started it's done
you got fucked up joints from years of abuse
wining isn't everything right cause mostly you lose
that boy James Fuller lost again isn't even news
your opoonents look fine your banged up and brused
you almost forty but still an amature
my flow is hot like I got an temperature
to prove that you suck I don't need to record your fights with a camera
cause we already know you take more shots ot the face then Pamela
you wanna internet battle me ? you ain't on my level see, we ain't the same category
you couldn't be champ in the female 135 pound divsion
my fist your face = collision
you only fight to have a fighter tag
I don't need to be writing back
to prove that you are a rookie
shut up and you'll get a coockie
I promise

Lol

Old 12-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #10
"Nasty" Nate Becker
Professional Fighter