Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #71
xilliun

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
what would you do if your fighter dislocated their shoulder? put it straight back in and try and let them continue or get them straight to a doctor?

xilliun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #72
Centaur

vCash: 500
Hey y'all...

I watched Stitch's video, and while it was cool to see him work, it wasn't super informative. IT seemed more like a commecial for a video, rather than an actual instructional.

I did however purchase Brad Daddis' vid, and I got to say, I'm very impressed. He goes into everything step by step and explains every little bit. My only complaint would be that the quality of the video is kinda low (not HD), but that's fairly minor.

Anyhow, Daddis gives out a lot of great tips on his Muay Thai Tip o the Week for free, so the $12 for this video is well worth it.

If you're interested, it's HERE.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #73
Lubanka

White Belt

Hi everyone, welcome to forum!

Lubanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #74
complete cutman

White Belt

Corner insights

The post made on corner tips is a great effort to give those with zero idea of what is needed to help their fighter in the cage. My hope is that someone in that situation would not simply take such tips and run with them as particularly with fighter injury and related medical issues (cuts, swelling, etc), it should not be handled by those without proper training. The sport is trying to increase on a growing position reputation, and random attempts at medical treatment won't help the cause or the fighter.

Some of the things that are misconception include water use (your fighter is not going to likely dehydrate, and certainly won't avoid that with a sip of water during a 45 second intermission), ice use (there are specific locations where it is best applied, and the back of the neck is not the first choice even though it is seen often during fights), and enswell use (that is an art in itself and can easily be misused). Prescription medications are limited in that way for a reason, they can be used improperly and cause injury, so I hope corners won't try and access it illegally if they aren't trained and knowledgeable about pharmacology. Unfortunately many cutmen in the world aren't either.

Despite that, if promoters know that cutmen are wanted at fights, they few out there can better be present to help at shows. And hopefully all of us want to improve, including corners and coaches. Feel free to contact me as I offer such courses throughout the region and the country to educate and inform. I can be found at MMA Cutman David Maldonado: Complete Cutman David Maldonado

Be safe!

complete cutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #75
bestcrystal

White Belt

Vitamin K? Try this: Vitamin K2 | Natto, Natural Menaquinone Source - Mercola.com

bestcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #76
U.P.F.C.
SBG Brown Belt

Stitch is awesome... i smoked a cig with him at UFC on versus live three.. good guy
EDIT: u dont believe me i dont care.. lol

Making others miserable and taking joy in it since 2007
U.P.F.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #77
jacob2012

White Belt

Great guide! Good thread. Very helpful.

jacob2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #78
170point9eh

White Belt

awesome thread

170point9eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #79
Ippy

I had the pleasure of cornering a couple training partners the same night as UFC 159. First time.

Loved every second of it. It was surprisingly easy once the initial jitters left me. I think I've seen so many fights now, I just automatically jumped in there and did what I've seen cornermen do for years.

Wish I had seen this thread before doing it though.

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #80
ALAN PARTRIDGE

vCash: 262
i wanna start