Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Ask The Fighters

Ask The Fighters Got a question about the sport or a particular fighter? Ask them.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Braziluvr
Banned

vCash: 500
To Bas...Sex before fighting?

I know it's kind of a silly question, but there's been much debate about it. Some say it improves the eyesight and helps one get rested so they're fresh. Others say it makes you weak, unfocused, and diminishes aggressive tendencies. Both opinions are probably a load of crap, but give us your opinion.

Braziluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
InvictusVeritas

Blue Belt

See the big DVD's of Combat. And then ask is Bas serious, or is he making fun of Rickson.?

Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
Bad Dog

vCash:
Historically athletes abstain before competition, so as not to drain their energy. I would think abstenance would also make you more aggressive.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
frankdukes

Green Belt

In Ricksons documentary he makes an analogy about horses.. something about how all race horses are virgins untill their done racing, he says it gives you more energy when you hold back and he doesnt have sex 2 weeks before a fight..He admits its just a theory in his own mind though

frankdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
streetsmart

Purple Belt

ya the whole myth is that sex takes away your legs, from my personal experiences my legs do seem to go weak after im done, but not always, hmm this is a myth that will always be around i believe everyone is different

streetsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #6
brandon nc

White Belt

I think that it would calm you down because no matter who your are your ganna be nervous before a fight

brandon nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 PM   #7
american_wolf
Banned

I know from experience that if i have sex before a hockey game i play alot better. im just calmer and more patient. I think its more the activity of going for all night that makes you tired not the actual sex.

american_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
BlazinSkunk

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Snake
I dont believe in this no sex before a fight bullshit. If that was the case, then could a virgin enter the ring and take on Fedor?
UH, no. If you suck, you suck.

My wrestling coach use to tell use to "stay away from your girlfreinds" before matches. I think its true. Its hard-wired in ourselves from evolution. The chase is why we all get up in the morning. Chasing for food, or chasing for poo-nanny. Once the chase is over (i.e. get laid) say goodby to your primal edge.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:56 PM   #9
Demaestro

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dog
Historically athletes abstain before competition, so as not to drain their energy. I would think abstenance would also make you more aggressive.

I agree with the logic of this thinking. Not saying it is right but it is logical.

Old 12-13-2006, 07:25 PM   #10
Wildfire916

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braziluvr
I know it's kind of a silly question, but there's been much debate about it. Some say it improves the eyesight and helps one get rested so they're fresh. Others say it makes you weak, unfocused, and diminishes aggressive tendencies. Both opinions are probably a load of crap, but give us your opinion.
Actually, Tito was on Howard Stern and he said it was bullshit. He said the only way it can hinder you if you stay up all night before a fight.

Wildfire916 is offline   Reply With Quote