Deadly five-alarm Brooklyn fire caused by candles that were knocked over during voodoo sex ritual - NYPOST.com
A windswept, five-alarm fire that killed an elderly Brooklyn woman was started
by candles placed on the floor near a bed while a man and woman were having sex after a voodoo ritual
, sources said today.
Fire marshals determined that
the Feb. 20 blaze at 346 East 29th St. in Flatbush escalated to a fifth alarm because of an open door and delays, but that it was all started by black magic
"Time and time again we respond to tragedies that could have been so easily prevented,"
said FDNY Commissioner Sal Cassano. "This fire had so many of those elements -- candles left on the floor near combustible material, one of the occupants trying to douse the flames before calling 911 and an open door, which allowed fire to spread into the hallway. Hopefully others will learn from this tragedy."
Retired guidance counselor Mary Feagin, 62, who lived on the sixth floor, died in the fire.
Fire Marshals said the blaze began around at 6:40 p.m., when a Brooklyn woman visited a fourth-floor apartment in the building, where she paid one of the male occupants $300 to perform a voodoo ceremony aimed at bringing her good luck
After the ceremony
, sources told The Post that the couple decided to have sex
The fire was sparked after the couple knocked over the candles that were arranged on the floor around the bed, igniting the bed linens and clothes on the floor.
Instead of calling 911, sources said a second man who was also in the apartment "began retrieving water from a bathroom sink in a futile effort to put it out, but the flames only grew."
As smoke began to gather in the apartment, the man then opened a window and propped open the door to the hallway in an attempt to dissipate the smoke
Wind gusts of 40 mph "shot the flames back inside, creating a blowtorch effect as winds whipped in through the open window and pushed fire out into the hallway. The occupants fled the apartment, leaving the door open,"
the FDNY said.
Fire engulfed the fourth, fifth and sixth floors, causing part of the roof and fourth floor to collapse. Nearly 200 firefighters took almost seven hours to bring the fire under control.
1. Most Sherdoggers don't deserve to die as virgins.
2. Now we have a justifiable way to wish them to die.
3. Then again, the voodoo priests might have their standards.
4. Google image voodoo priest
5. Then insert an image in here for your plus juan that hasn't yet been posted.
6. We'll have a thread that only Goon's mom could get off to.
7. Where ever she may be since he lives with his grandmother.
8. Burying the plus juan advice in the middle of these cliffs might make for a good time.
9. I don't care what anyone says, we are paying out too much in welfare benefits when this stoooopid woman has an extra $300 laying around for a voodoo spell.
10. Or she had a son, say Goon, who sent her the $300.
11. For all their talk about fire and black magic these voodoo priests sure don't know shit about fires.
12. Srsly. Is there *any* positive contribution these worthless fucks are capable of making to society?
13. Lulz at the commissioner hoping others will learn from this tragedy.
14. It's a sign that hope does spring eternal.
15. It's also a tragedy because none of these Darwinian nominees actually died in the fire.
16. Lulz at the other guy in the apartment.
17. He probably posts in teh Heavies whenever his roommate gets laid.
18. I bet his name is in the top 2-3 pages of members by post count.
19. FO/KY. Mildly. Not because of the weak fight card I'll be watching tonight but because of my fear of the bant hammer.