Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion > Gear & Equipment Reviews

Old 08-05-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
ROwens1182

vCash:
Review: Defense Soap and Defense Soap Essential Oils

After realizing I had broken out in a real bad case of what looked like ringworms I sawsomeone on Sherdog had mentioned Defense Soap. I ordered the bar soap and the essential oils and it came out to about 20 dollars after shipping. In my opinion you are better off ordering 2 things from them cause shipping for just one item is a deal buster to me. I ordered on a Friday and received them on Monday. Within a week Almost all of my ringworm looking spots disappeared. The ones that didnt disappear are almost gone too. The bar soap smells like most "organic" or natural soaps you will find in the store. Nothing to smelly or girly. The essential oils is made from eucalyptis and tea tree oil so it smells pretty strong. Sucks for my wife but it seems to work. I highly recomment these two items for anyone worried about catching any type of skin infection.

Old 08-05-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
joeyd77

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Good to know. I was going to bring a bar with me to Thailand just as a precaution. I'll be doing mostly MT but I'll be rolling 2-3 times a week and I definitely don't want to see any clinics or doctors over there.

Cheap insurance.

joeyd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
ROwens1182

vCash:
Definitely, next time I order I am probably going to get some of their wipes as well.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
cheath

Blue Belt

I'll get the wipes next time I order also. But this stuff can't "cure" ringworm can it? I thought it could only prevent.

I had a case of poison oak which I thought was some fungus, so I went ahead and ordered some before knowing it was poison oak. But I'm glad that I have it now, as it makes me feel safer.

I will say though, that I believe the bar soap irritated my skin as it may have dried it out or something. I just noticed I was getting really itchy in certain areas after using it 3x per week. I switched to my liquid gel and haven't noticed that anymore. Although the gel doesn't foam up as much as I'd like to see.

But yeah, you're definitely better off buying more as shipping makes it worth it. I'm just trying to find out 1) was it the bar soap that was irritating me and 2) which gives more uses, the bar or the gel.

Good product though...small price to pay for peace of mind!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #5
ROwens1182

vCash:
I know it says you shouldn't use it as a cure for ringworm, but for some reason it has been working for me. I have one area left that is healing. So either it's the oils or the bar soap that is taking care of them. Either way I love it. 20 dollars for a piece of mind is a lot better than copaying for a doc visit plus meds.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
Rippetoe Lifter

Orange Belt

I'm definitely gonna try it out its worth a shot. i hate cooties.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #7
lowCofG

Green Belt

the healing salve w/ oils is also money for mat burns, scratches, and whatnot.

I can't say a bad word about any of their products, and I've always had very quick, reliable service from them, too.

lowCofG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:18 AM   #8
Aoshi1

Orange Belt

A little late on reading this one, but I had always been intrigued by Defense soap, after seeing all the ads in all the MMA mags. Good review.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #9
kenneth26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippetoe Lifter View Post
I'm definitely gonna try it out its worth a shot. i hate cooties.
You will try this one and i am definitely 100% sure that you get positive result in a very less time. Go for it.

kenneth26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
Tone C

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth26 View Post
You will try this one and i am definitely 100% sure that you get positive result in a very less time. Go for it.
Any particular reason why 1/2 of your posts are about defense soap?

And if nothing else please stop bumping 4 year old dead threads to say 'Oh,yea,it's great'.After 4 years the bloke has hopefully either avoided cooties or figured out how to get rid of them.

www.kofightgear.com www.ossclothing.com
www.sprawl.tv www.cagesidemma.com
www.nogi.com www.americanstandup.com

Don't mention Rskbreakers Shooto gloves.
Tone C is offline   Reply With Quote