Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion > Gear & Equipment Reviews

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Kyokushin_6'4"

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Reevo Kimono (Gi) - With Pics - (Update on the Spandex Crotch)

I've seen a couple of posts regarding this Gi. Since I've had mine for a year now, I thought I'd give a review....

Reevo Kimura.
Cost $160 Canadian (at the MMA Expo) Now selling for $199 Canadian from HATASHITA.COM

The Cut:
I'm 6'3 220lbs and chose an A5. Even though the Gi is pre shrunk, it would still shrink a bit in a hot wash and a dryer cycle. This Gi is made for bigger guys. It fits well on the shoulders and the skirt is the perfect length. I like a short skirt so that I can pull it out for those chokes.

The Material:
It's a doulble weave so it's super thick. The collar is made of vulkanized rubber that dries quickly. Everything screams durability on this Gi. All the high stress points have high wear patching and all the seams are hidden in the pants. The pants is super soft but feels very thick as if you're wearing 2 pairs of pants.

Super Cool Features:
There is a rash guard built inside the back of the Gi top. The gi feels super super soft on your skin and the rashguard wicks away the sweat. The crotch is made of spandex for all those crazy guard players. I find it very comfortable and easy to play an open guard game. My only complaint with this is that when your opponent has long toenails (they should be trimmed) it can easily catch and rip the spandex. I had mine sewn once because of this but has held up ever since. I would want a higher quality stretch material for the crotch area.

Durability:
I've had mine for a year now and done some heavy rolling as well as tournaments. It's held up great. Not even a thread has come loose. If you want a heavy duty training Gi, then look no further.

I wold buy another one of these in heartbeat. Even at the price, you can't beat the comfort and durability. You could always opt for the Gold Weave (for competition use) at $125 CAD which is pretty reasonable. But if you want a tough, durable and comfortable Gi. Buy a Reevo.

Top with Rash Guard and Close-up

Close-up of the weave and logo on the back

The ass belongs to Andree DeSanti - Ring Girl at UFC 8

Last edited by Kyokushin_6'4"; 06-27-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Kyokushin_6'4" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
stu3ufc**
Banned

no pictures!!!!

stu3ufc** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
stu3ufc**
Banned

is this it? looks hot

stu3ufc** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
akdms

Blue Belt

Sounds really nice. I saw them on eBay a while ago and discounted them as some rip-off gi... I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures.

How does the built in rash-guard work? I'm kinda confused how it would whisk away sweat if it's built into the gi and not exposed to open air.

Any chance you could post measurements? (ala my Keiko review if possible--it only took like 5 minutes to take the pictures, upload them to Photo Bucket, and have it auto-generate the forum code)

How stiff thick and stiff is the collar? Is it like the Koral rubber collars, or thicker?

How long and tight are the sleeves?

How tight are the pants? They look pretty tight in the pictures, but it's hard to tell...

akdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
Kyokushin_6'4"

Orange Belt

Pants and Close-up of the Spandex Crotch

Reinforcing of the Skirt Split on the inside back top

Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #6
akdms

Blue Belt

Looks like a nice gi--but wow those sleeves look short on you.

akdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
fittafeis

Blue Belt

Cool GI, awesome pictures!

fittafeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
GFG

Green Belt

keep us posted on the spandex crotch i was going to do that with out last batch of gis but my manufacturer told me it would lower the life span of the gi pants considerably so i never bothered with it.

GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
Kyokushin_6'4"

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdms View Post
Looks like a nice gi--but wow those sleeves look short on you.
Yep, they shrunk a little shorter than anticipated, but to be honset I'm used to them. I'm not big on the Ezekiel choke, so it's no prob.

The spandex is a year old now and still holding up. I have some back-up material to be sewn in if the spandex gives out. Hopefully it will hold longer.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
Kyokushin_6'4"

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdms View Post
Sounds really nice. I saw them on eBay a while ago and discounted them as some rip-off gi... I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures.

How does the built in rash-guard work? I'm kinda confused how it would whisk away sweat if it's built into the gi and not exposed to open air.

Any chance you could post measurements? (ala my Keiko review if possible--it only took like 5 minutes to take the pictures, upload them to Photo Bucket, and have it auto-generate the forum code)

How stiff thick and stiff is the collar? Is it like the Koral rubber collars, or thicker?

How long and tight are the sleeves?

How tight are the pants? They look pretty tight in the pictures, but it's hard to tell...
Even though your gi will get soaked with sweat (any gi would) the rashgaurd stays relatively dry. You don't experienced a soaked back.

Pictures posted.

Pants are not extremely tight (and I have big legs). the spandex increases your movement all round. I would have like a more durable stretchy material though.

The collar stays very stiff and thick. The rubber inside lets it retain shape and stiffness.