Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Standup Technique > Weapons and Tactics

Weapons and Tactics Discuss Weapons.....and Tactics.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #271
RevMrBlack
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug's Spear View Post
My new 1911, STI Duty One w/ bushing barrel and night sights
Very nice. I like it.

RevMrBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #272
Byron Pechorin

Silver Belt

Was going to go for a Springfield Loaded but then I saw this baby and decided that you get a LOT more gun for the same price range. Novak night sights, INCREDIBLE front and back strap studded stippling(really has to be looked at and fondled in person to be fully appreciated), hand-fitted frame and slide, dehorned, custom blackwood grips, made in the good old USA, and I believe the only MIM parts are the grip safety and slide release. Only problem I've run into it so far is that holsters are a little difficult to find for it as it has a modified slide profile that is a little different from standard 1911s.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #273
Lug's Spear

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Korean View Post

Was going to go for a Springfield Loaded but then I saw this baby and decided that you get a LOT more gun for the same price range. Novak night sights, INCREDIBLE front and back strap studded stippling(really has to be looked at and fondled in person to be fully appreciated), hand-fitted frame and slide, dehorned, custom blackwood grips, made in the good old USA, and I believe the only MIM parts are the grip safety and slide release. Only problem I've run into it so far is that holsters are a little difficult to find for it as it has a modified slide profile that is a little different from standard 1911s.
Are you going to CC this one?

Old 04-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #274
Byron Pechorin

Silver Belt

Quote:
Are you going to CC this one?
No it's too damn big to CC comfortably imo. I would need a OWB holster for IDPA/USPSA.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #275
Byron Pechorin

Silver Belt

Quote:
My new 1911, STI Duty One w/ bushing barrel and night sights

We demand a range report!

Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #276
Lug's Spear

Green Belt

Since it is dehorned and has a shorter thumb safety it seemed to me like it may have been made for that purpose. I would try to conceal carry my new baby (STI Duty One) if I didn't already like my Kimber Crimson Pro Carry so much. Although I am contemplating taking the grips off of it since I feel like they don't grip enough... but that would kind of do away with the whole crimson part of the gun. I took the STI Duty One to the range once, I wrote about it slightly on the range report thread. It fired flawlessly 50 rounds of Federal Champ and 50 rounds of WWB, both 230 grain. The magazine that came with it worked as well, which was unexpected since I have had bad results in my other 1911 with anything other than wilson combat.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #277
Byron Pechorin

Silver Belt

Quote:
Since it is dehorned and has a shorter thumb safety it seemed to me like it may have been made for that purpose. I would try to conceal carry my new baby (STI Duty One) if I didn't already like my Kimber Crimson Pro Carry so much. Although I am contemplating taking the grips off of it since I feel like they don't grip enough... but that would kind of do away with the whole crimson part of the gun. I took the STI Duty One to the range once, I wrote about it slightly on the range report thread. It fired flawlessly 50 rounds of Federal Champ and 50 rounds of WWB, both 230 grain. The magazine that came with it worked as well, which was unexpected since I have had bad results in my other 1911 with anything other than wilson combat.
I'm gonna order some Wilsons or Tripps soon. Also need to invest in a lot more ammo/supplies/range time but my funds and time are limited atm. It looks like you've got a love affair with 1911's. They are heavy and perhaps not as "modern" as the polymer wonderguns but god damnit they just FEEL right in a man's hands.

I'm also thinking about getting another Sig P series gun(P220 or P229), a more traditional 1911 than what I have right now, or maybe even a Glock to use as a beater.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #278
Cody564231

Brown Belt

Quote:
I'm gonna order some Wilsons or Tripps soon. Also need to invest in a lot more ammo/supplies/range time but my funds and time are limited atm. It looks like you've got a love affair with 1911's. They are heavy and perhaps not as "modern" as the polymer wonderguns but god damnit they just FEEL right in a man's hands.

I'm also thinking about getting another Sig P series gun(P220 or P229), a more traditional 1911 than what I have right now, or maybe even a Glock to use as a beater.
For P Series I recommend the 220. For the Glock, 22/23, and 1911 there is a plethora.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #279
Lug's Spear

Green Belt

Quote:

Yeah you can't go wrong with wilson or tripps. I kind of prefer the wilsons for looks, which isn't really a big factor. Supposedly the tripps last longer before needing spring replacements, which seems to be of greater importance. Still I know both of my 1911s like wilson combat so I'll stick with it for now. I really do love the design of the 1911. Part of it's due to me being somewhat of a WWII fanatic and also how much you are able to customize a 1911. Not all 1911s are really heavy, my Kimber Crimson Pro Carry is made with an aluminum frame and feels really light. I'm addicted to the 1911 trigger, that thing is just the best I have fired. I wouldn't mind owning a sig p226 or a glock 19 one day though.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #280
Team Linxx

White Belt

Last edited by Team Linxx; 06-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Team Linxx is offline   Reply With Quote