Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #1
ClownXBaby

White Belt

vCash: 500
Washington state has a mutual combat law

Didn't know that but it's pretty awesome! Basically if two people agree to fight in the streets then it is completely legal, and the police won't step in or punish either individual involved. Proud to live in Washington state! Here is a vid of that Phoenix Jones character that exercised this law recently! What do you guys think about it? http://mynorthwest.com/76/2126651/Ph...deo-goes-viral

ClownXBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Sturm
151 Belt

That was a cheap shot. LOL

Sturm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
sub_thug

Purple Belt

Phoenix Jones is putting it on fools, one block at a time. Seriously, those guys deserved to get their asses kicked in the worst way.

sub_thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
Jerky1312

Brown Belt

Interesting law. If both guys agree, why not? Interesting fact, he is an mma fighter. His real name is Ben Fodor and he is the brother of Strikeforce fighter, Caros Fodor.

Another interesting tidbit, the 10 member "super hero" vigilante group is compromised of mma fighters and former military members.

Jerky1312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #5
sub_thug

Purple Belt

It's a really interesting law. I bet it causes all sorts of problems for law enforcement though. Can people agree to fight in private establishments (ie a bar)? If they are drunk, are they able to consent to mutual combat? The nuances of this thing would be cool to find out.

sub_thug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Gus Fring

Purple Belt

Dem leg kicks.

EDIT: Tried using google to find out which states allow mutual combat... any help for a brother here?

Last edited by Gus Fring; 11-12-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Gus Fring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
ClownXBaby

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_thug View Post
It's a really interesting law. I bet it causes all sorts of problems for law enforcement though. Can people agree to fight in private establishments (ie a bar)? If they are drunk, are they able to consent to mutual combat? The nuances of this thing would be cool to find out.
I highly doubt that they would be able to do so in private establishments because they could end up busting the place up and/or accidentally hurting bystanders/customers. As for the drunk part I am not sure, but it looked to me like the guy in orange was intoxicated, but who knows! I'm sure now that it is more public some people will try to ask for it to be made illegal but I really hope the law stays. Some people deserve to be taught a lesson just like the guy in the vid! I don't know what other states do it but they should all adopt this law! Truly makes me glad that I live here!

ClownXBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
StiffUpperLip

Green Belt

Crazy stuff. I kind of wanted that other smaller guy with th big mouth to get knocked out

Randy 3x hw champ 2x lhw champ

Hendo will get that UFC belt
StiffUpperLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #9
ABC

Silver Belt

you guys also had the guts to stand up and tell the federal government that you weren't going to keep prosecuting stupid a$$ marijuana laws.
good for you guys, maybe the rest of the country will follow suit on both of these issues.

ABC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
fastwinstondoom

Orange Belt

Awh, hell yeah! Loudmouth prick got exactly what he deserved...too bad the little guy didn't get what was coming to him too tho!