Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #61
Frank23

Silver Belt

vCash: 1345
He needs to stay in shape. I would like to see Tim fight in Bellator if the UFC really doesn't want him.

Frank23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:07 PM   #62
gamedog

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velkar182 View Post
$hit talkers are ridiculous. You don't get 30 wins with a weak chin. These are HWTs. Anyone can KO anyone, so if a HWT gets rocked by another HWT, it is silly to say the words "weak chin" in any context involving HWTs. Many of the LHWTs have one punch KO power, these days. Hell we have see this from Russow. You people are out of your minds, plain and simple.
How many good hwts are getting ko`ed or subbed in less than 45 seconds?I can`t think of any off the time of my head,but that`s happened to sylvia several times.Yea i know shit happens,but when it continues to happen to you that is a sign you aren`t good enough to stop it.Yea you can get 30 wins with a weak chin.If your are 6`8 and have a 80 plus inch reach you can cover up alot of things if you`re good enough.I`m not saying he`s not a good fighter he just has a weak chin

Old 03-09-2012, 01:05 AM   #63
hyatt

Blue Belt

Unfortunately I feel that Dana will not let Tim back into the UFC because of his loss to Fedor. Fedor has recently lost 3 fights in a row and is disparaged at every opportunity, yet Fedor made Tim look very plain, to put it mildly. If Tim came in and belted a few of the UFC's youngest and brightest, the heavyweight stocks would look slim.

Dana is the master of spin (read: Bullsheet) so I'm sure he could make up some story so that fan-boys would accept Tim as one of the elite. I hope it happens, I just can't see it.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 AM   #64
Iron Hand

Silver Belt

Omg, not to sound like a douche... but am I really 10 times the athlete Sylvia is? ... he seems pretty weak for his size and well... yeah ... 10 pushups on his knees? ... really?

<-- Me, Overeem and Akira
Iron Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #65
Mike01010101a

Purple Belt

He is not a great talent but he is tough son of a bitch

Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #66
Velkar182

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamedog View Post
How many good hwts are getting ko`ed or subbed in less than 45 seconds?
The timing doesn't matter. If he had a weak chin, he would probably be much more conscious of it. Other HWts that have been KO'd very quickly? How about Cain? Other HWT fighters that fall down as soon as their chin has been touched include Big Nog, Overeem, Kongo, and Mir. You zero clue if you think a HWT fighter can make it off the local circuit with a weak chin. Glancing blows at HWT cause KOs to those fighters. Get real.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #67
Velkar182

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike01010101a View Post
He is not a great talent but he is tough son of a bitch
Yeah. Poor athlete, not well rounded, but he has a great cage intellect and a lot of heart.