Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #41
sam100

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
This is most definitely not a bookmark

Old 03-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #42
-kc-

Orange Belt

WTF? No tits/ass only ugly feet?!

This sucks...

-kc- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
MrKrazyHorse

Yellow Belt

Anyone know if there's a vid of the fight up yet? (too lazy to look myself)

Would like to see what kind of potential she has. Add some talent to the WMMA scene

MrKrazyHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #44
SamboPunch

Silver Belt

vCash: 993
I'm confused. So she got naked just like anyone else who doesn't make weight?

or she got naked just because she wanted too?

or she got naked without the towel in front of cameras and everything?

Maybe I missed something.

SamboPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
Jay Pan ROKK
! The Mind is a Myth !

She is hot.

How and why myth influence matter ?
Is reality digital or continuous ?
Jay Pan ROKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #46
Aussido

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboPunch View Post
I'm confused. So she got naked just like anyone else who doesn't make weight?

or she got naked just because she wanted too?

or she got naked without the towel in front of cameras and everything?

Maybe I missed something.
She's just getting famous. That's how female fighters get famous, apparently. You only need 1 fight if you look good.

Aussido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #47
Ytsejam

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrazyHorse View Post
Anyone know if there's a vid of the fight up yet? (too lazy to look myself)

Would like to see what kind of potential she has. Add some talent to the WMMA scene

There is some amateur fights on youtube.

She looks very good, GREAT judo (bronze medal in the olympics, silver medal at world championship) with a very agressive ground game.

wikipedia has her record in case you wanna look for the fights:

Ronda Rousey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ytsejam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #48
Philly253

Purple Belt

She is pretty hot.

Philly253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #49
Jay Pan ROKK
! The Mind is a Myth !

mmamatrix.net • View topic - Ronda Rousey says her opponent was disrespectful, so she tried to break her arm.

Ronda Rousey says her opponent was disrespectful, so she tried to break her arm.

Highly touted MMA prospect Ronda Rousey (1-0) is known for calling out Strikeforce champion Cyborg Santos and top contender Gina Carano before making her professional debut going 3-0 in her amateur career. The American Judoka became the first U.S. female athlete in nearly 10 years to win an A-Level tournament as she went 5-0 to claim gold at the Birmingham World Cup in Great Britain and she won a bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics.

Ronda Rousey was attacked by a dog before her professional debut trying to break up a fight between her dog and her roommates dog. Fighting with a significant foot injury that happened just a few days before the fight, she couldn't help but talk about the situation.

"Well on Thursday, this is Sunday now, my dog and my roommates dog which is a Pitbull got into a fight. When I tried to break up the fight the Pitbull bit into my foot" Rousey said. "I have nine stitches in my foot as or Thursday. I really can't walk on it at all, but I kinda had to fake it."

"I'm not sure how the athletic commission is going to take this but its too cool to not talk about" she added.

It was a tricky situation at the weigh-ins as Rousey didn't want anybody to notice her injured foot so like-wise she decided to wear socks at the weigh-ins, but was told she couldn't wear socks when she stepped up to weigh in, so she made the decision to get naked as a distraction.

"Well what happened was I had socks on because I wanted to hide (the foot injury)" Rousey said of the situation. "but the guy spacifically told me 'you have to be in your underwear, no socks nothing.' So I was like 'oh my god what am I gonna do.' Than I was like 'wait a minute i'm gonna get naked and than they won't be able to look at me.'"

Farther discussing the situation she had to tell her manager she thought she drank too much and needed him to hold up a towel just encase she was overweight. But really it was just a distraction to keep them from seeing her foot.

"I told my manager I think 'Daren I drank too much' because the girl weighed in four pounds over and I was already really light so why would think I need to weight in naked I was like 'I think I drank too much, i'm getting really paranoid so hold up a towel just encase.'" she explained. "I was like 146 and everybody was like why'd you get naked. I just didn't want them looking at my foot."

Winning her first pro fight in 25 seconds the fourth degree Judo black belt said that her opponent Ediane Gomes was disrespectful at the weigh-ins before the fight. Rousey says she decided to actually try to break her opponents arm for being disrespectful.

"At the weigh-ins after this girl weighed in four pounds over she tried to get in my face and pound her chest." the 24-year-old prospect said. "I really don't like when people are disrespectful like that ... I decided I was going to actually try to break her arm"

With maybe a few more fights under the King Of The Cage banner as a big draw in the womens division after calling out Carano and Cyborg maybe with a few more wins Rousey will get a call from Strikeforce in a 145 pound division that generally has less competition than the other divisions in female MMA.

"One shout out?" she relpied when asked if she had anything else to say to Carano and Cyborg. "Well, you want more? I'll fight whoever gets put in front of me. I'm going to try to come up at an appropriate pace but its really hard because my first match was against a girl who was 6-1 and then we also has to give her an incentive. It's really hard for me to get matches."

Explaining her future in the sport she does want to have the big name fights eventually but she wants to do it the right way and come up at a slower pace and see how everything goes from there.

"I do want to have these really high profile fights in the future but I want to come up the right way." she said "So we will see how things pan out"

How and why myth influence matter ?
Is reality digital or continuous ?
Jay Pan ROKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #50
BayAreaGuy
Good Day

this thread = fraud

BayAreaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote