Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
trollzors
Banned

vCash: 500
LOL well played

trollzors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
BluntTrauma21
snoogans

vCash: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
I'd rather tap then get your arm bent out of shape and humiliated. I give props to Rousey for doing it most girls would be scared to break someone's arm!

Shit, I'm a guy and I would be scared to break somebody's arm. I'm sure Ronda's used to is but imagine the feeling of having someone's arm extended that far and just deciding to snap it like a lobster tail or some shit. Ronda's a bad ass bitch.

I think Miesha showed that she was tough and willing take alot of damage in order to win the fight. She didn't tap the first time, got out of the sub and even took Ronda's back for a minute. Good shit.

"It's medicinal...... but not for aids." - Kenny Powers
BluntTrauma21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Misteromar MK2**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluntTrauma21 View Post
Shit, I'm a guy and I would be scared to break somebody's arm. I'm sure Ronda's used to is but imagine the feeling of having someone's arm extended that far and just deciding to snap it like a lobster tail or some shit. Ronda's a bad ass bitch.
Feels like busting a nut according Frank Mir.

Misteromar MK2** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #14
BrokenCage

Orange Belt

It's easy for us to sit at our keyboards and say, "she should have done this and that", but she wanted that belt more than anything.

The one thing that immediately hit me in that fight was her face before her walkout. During the close up, when the guy was announcing her as the champion, she was beaming with pride. I actually felt bad, because I knew Ronda was gonna get her. Still, she was willing to give everything to keep that belt, especially against Ronda. Maybe not smart, but her passion and determination is admirable.

Rickson By Ronda Rousey.
BrokenCage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
Lowercase p

Green Belt

She's definitely tough. Most people would have tapped much earlier. I'm a Rousey fan and was for her all of the way, but Tate has my respect.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
Misteromar MK2**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenCage View Post
It's easy for us to sit at our keyboards and say, "she should have done this and that", but she wanted that belt more than anything.

The one thing that immediately hit me in that fight was her face before her walkout. During the close up, when the guy was announcing her as the champion, she was beaming with pride. I actually felt bad, because I knew Ronda was gonna get her. Still, she was willing to give everything to keep that belt, especially against Ronda. Maybe not smart, but her passion and determination is admirable.
Kinda made me feel bad.

She is way more committed to the sport than cats like Dailey, who have no heart and coast to easy loss rather than trying to win.

Misteromar MK2** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #17
Zyklon R

Green Belt

In this case, Tate was too tough for her own good.
Ref is a fucking idiot.
Rousey is a piece of shit.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 AM   #18
yo1213
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollman View Post
Used to be hot as hell.

Now........elbows way too pointy.

Lol,dark and i love it.

yo1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
HungryHippo
Sleepy Hollow

People need to stop saying it's "Tough" to not tap and that it shows resilience. In the first situation, that was different as she was gaining leverage, the second armlock she was flattened out. She should have tapped, could have tapped and didn't tap. Now she has a broken arm and half of the world is feeling sorry for her and hating on someone.

HungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #20
yo1213
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyklon R View Post
In this case, Tate was too tough for her own good.
Ref is a fucking idiot.
Ref had no choice.She refused to tap.

yo1213 is offline   Reply With Quote