Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
jandrine

White Belt

vCash: 500
My thoughts on Fedor loss

I'm a fan of Fedor, but I'm also a fan of fighting. I think it's really sad how many people are bashing him and calling him over rated and now because he lost one time everyone seems to be calling him worthless and acting as though he is meaningless in the sport. Give me a break.

Fedor seems to be such a kind man and keeps to himself and never once put himself off as the greatest, ever, in his career. He always refers to himself as ordinary and just another guy. But everyone else hypes him up and calls him the greatest. He never once said that himself. You don't have to say it, and you can pretend all you want... he definitely is one of the best fighters of our time. He can definitely stand with any fighter there is today and win. With his skill, he has a very good chance of winning against anyone. But there is always the risk of loss.

Compared to the so called legends of fighting, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva, or any other top fighter aside from Brock Lesnar who hasn't fought ANYONE worth fighting besides an old man Randy and Frank Mir who I don't really understand anyway, or why he likes to just lay down and take punches or stand with Cain and let him punch him out. Brock has not proven himself at all in my eyes... compared to these other Fighters... Fedor has lost 1 fight (and recorded a no contest), out of all of the fighters that have been thrown at him. These other fighters have lost many more and against lesser competition than someone like Werdum. They've all made more mistakes than Fedor who has always won until now. But no one seems to care about those mistakes, and it's only because he's the guy who all of the media and fight organizations hype against his own personality.

It's completely stupid to ever say that Fedor is over rated, he earned his place at No1, he fought for it and got there. Never once let it go to his head, and he has always been kind and humble yet now he loses a fight, and whether it was a mistake or not, people want to destroy him over one loss. I'm willing to bet all of your favorite fighters have lost many more. That makes them all worse than Fedor by your standards of bashing, so eat that.

It's also completely ridiculous to say that no one is going to watch Fedor fight again. For all the bashing you people do, you have all watched the fight, and probably every single one of his fights. And when he fights again, everyone will be watching, even if they want to hate such a great and rare man. One Fedor loss is not going to hurt anything for any organization he signs with. Every fighter respects Fedor, and everyone loves to see him fight... even if they hate him, and I can't see why anyone can hate on him when he is nothing but a wonderful person even as a fighter. How sick are you people, you can't even be a good person and be respected in todays world.

I really hope that Fedor signs with the UFC, because I honestly believe that he can win against any of these fighters and take the belt from the UFC and retire just so Dana and everyone else can shut up. He's going to win the rematch against Werdum, I have no doubt. Fighters have had immediate rematches, BJPenn with Edgar, Machida with Shogun, so please stop trying to make a scene out of this garbage...

Fedor is not my favorite fighter just so you know, but he is definitely one of my favorites. I love Igor Vovchanchyn, he will always been my favorite. I also enjoy Forrest Griffin. But I think Fedor deserves more respect and for the kind of man he is, who has never once said one bad word about anyone and never once acted like a showboat, and has always been nice and sweet and shy and humble and modest, he should not be hated. There is simply no reason for it.

Thanks for reading my novel, and yes, I repeated over and over how much of a great man Fedor is. Because my first thought of him is that he is a wonderful man who will kick your ass and still respect you

jandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
ZombieProphet
Banned

Location: In My Bunker,Armed,Supplied and Waiting for the ZOMBIES!

ZombieProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
JDamico23

Green Belt

tl/dr

Old 06-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
xiion
Banned

Fedor #1 p4p best ever.

xiion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
butter2325

Blue Belt

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrine View Post
I'm a fan of Fedor, but I'm also a fan of fighting. I think it's really sad how many people are bashing him and calling him over rated and now because he lost one time everyone seems to be calling him worthless and acting as though he is meaningless in the sport. Give me a break.

I really hope that Fedor signs with the UFC, because I honestly believe that he can win against any of these fighters and take the belt from the UFC and retire just so Dana and everyone else can shut up. He's going to win the rematch against Werdum, I have no doubt. Fighters have had immediate rematches, BJPenn with Edgar, Machida with Shogun, so please stop trying to make a scene out of this garbage...

Fedor is not my favorite fighter just so you know, but he is definitely one of my favorites. I think Fedor deserves more respect and for the kind of man he is, who has never once said one bad word about anyone and never once acted like a showboat, and has always been nice and sweet and shy and humble and modest, he should not be hated. There is simply no reason for it.

Because my first thought of him is that he is a wonderful man who will kick your ass and still respect you
I fixed it for you...

butter2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
butter2325

Blue Belt

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrine View Post
I'm a fan of Fedor, Give me a break.

Fedor seems to be such a kind man and keeps to himself and never once put himself off as the greatest, ever, in his career.

It's completely stupid to ever say that Fedor is over rated, he earned his place at No1, he fought for it and got there.

It's also completely ridiculous to say that no one is going to watch Fedor fight again.

I really hope that Fedor signs with the UFC, because I honestly believe that he can win against any of these fighters and take the belt from the UFC and retire just so Dana and everyone else can shut up.

Because my first thought of him is that he is a wonderful man who will kick your ass and still respect you
Wait this one is better and people might actually read it....next time you start a long ass thread like this you need to pay me for shortening it....

butter2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
jandrine

White Belt

lol

Thank you Butter

Old 06-28-2010, 12:57 PM   #8
silvershot

Purple Belt

He'll come back and be better.

silvershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
jandrine

White Belt

Of course he will be back

Old 06-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #10
greydecember

Green Belt

I dont know that their is hate for Fedor so much as it is hate for M-1 Global. They really screwed up.

Frankie Edgar
Urijah Faber
Joe Benavidez
greydecember is offline   Reply With Quote