Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Leek

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Info from Invicta 6 post fight presser

Quote:
Robert Sargent ‏@MMARising 59m

"We're working on a reality series that will be completely different from what the UFC and Bellator are doing." - Shannon Knapp

Shannon Knapp asked about Invicta FC deal with Showtime. Says nothing's set in stone. Wants a partner that's invested in building franchise.

Shannon Knapp says she had wanted to see the Coenen-Cyborg rematch for a long time. Was thrilled that it worked out.

Joanne Calderwood says that she didn't feel that she was quite as sharp as in some past fights, but was still happy to get the win.

Bec Hyatt says she learned not to leave fights in the hands of the judges. Felt she won rounds one and three, but praises Mizuki Inoue.

Leslie Smith says she thinks that Barb Honchak is solid in all areas of MMA, "but so was Jennifer Maia tonight." Expects a good fight.

Tecia Torres says she was a bit surprised that Rose Namajunas stood with her as much as she did, but says it was an honour to fight her.

Miriam Nakamoto thankful to have an opportunity in MMA with Invicta FC. She was paid next to nothing for her Muay Thai title wins.

Lightweight division might be added to Invicta FC lineup, but no concrete plans for that as of now.

"If I don't finish a fight, I don't know if I've won or not. I always lack confidence...even when I win." - Miriam Nakamoto

Also as already known, Claudia Gadelha vs Carla Esparza strawweight title fight officially confirmed. No date for that, either.

Leslie Smith says she's glad people like her exciting fights, but she "wants a friggin' finish." Will work on capitalising on opportunities.

As was already known, Leslie Smith vs Barb Honchak flyweight title fight confirmed. No date announced for it yet.

Cris Cyborg says that Marloes Coenen felt stronger, but that her game plan seemed to be the same as when they first fought.

Bonuses - FOTN: Leslie Smith vs Jennifer Maia, SOTN: Jessica Penne, KOTN: Miriam Nakamoto.

Seems like Michelle Waterson will defend title against someone else before facing Jessica Penne again. Couple of ideas (no names mentioned).

Jessica Penne says she's ready for a rematch against Michelle Waterson, but it's up to Invicta. Manager Tito Ortiz campaigns for rematch.

Lauren Taylor credits Gracie Barra Katy team for her success and improvements. And, with that, her boyfriend just proposed to her here.

Cris Cyborg references an upcoming fight in Thailand on August 25th (?), says that she was ready to fight five full rounds tonight.
The most interesting piece of news regarding Invicta. I think Seo Hee Ham is going to challenge Waterson.

Leek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Himo

Green Belt

vCash: 50
FOTN: Leslie Smith vs Jennifer Maia

That one was a blast. Lots of good candidates to choose from on this card though.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
bicpup269
Banned

Miriam Nakamotos KO was fucking brutal. I'm glad it counted this time.

bicpup269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #4
Thirdpres

Purple Belt

Good info.

Thanks.

I've been reading up on the main thread as I was just enjoying watching the fights earlier and haven't spent any time checking out after fight news.

Thirdpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #5
ben236

Red Belt

The Penne-Waterson rematch is the most obvious fight to make. It shouldn't even be up for debate.

And Rose-Tecia should have been FOTN IMO.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
Tobago Jones

Purple Belt

vCash: 581
Tito is Penne's manager? First time i've heard that.

Tobago Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Ippy

I guess Tito, being who he is in the sport, is able to get his hands in anything MMA.

He's probably the ideal manager if only for his ability to be anywhere and get instant respect from anyone who even casually follows MMA.

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
Sherdoggy

Brown Belt

Quote:
Shannon Knapp says she had wanted to see the Coenen-Cyborg rematch for a long time. Was thrilled that it worked out.
It happened. Personally, I wouldn't say it worked out.

Sherdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
Chute Stomp

Brown Belt

I think Ham would beat up Waterson. Great signing, she always brings it. Also, I wish Miku would come out of retirement. Come back Miku!

Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #10
Felis

Brown Belt

Quote:
Cris Cyborg references an upcoming fight in Thailand on August 25th (?)
?

Is there a video from that press conference?

Edit:
ok, found them on my own.

If anyone else wants to watch:

Last edited by Felis; 07-14-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Felis is offline   Reply With Quote