Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 AM   #11
Bigj383

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittGorilla View Post
Here is Play-by-Play from the OK Underground

9 - MMA 185-pounds 3x5
Hurricaneís intro is deafening. Alan Green, Peppe, Daniel RobertsÖ Donít piss these guys off in a dark alley. He looks extremely focused. If you thought he would take Head lightly, think again. The crowd roars for him as he paces with intent in his eyes.
Gerald Harris v James Head
Head looks the part. Letís see what heís made of.

1st No touch of gloves. Gerald with a stout right. He blocks a head kick and circles. They tie up on the ropes and Harris muscles him into a corner. Back to the center of the ring. Head with a body lock working Harrisí leg with short knees. Headís corner calling out the time. Harris blocks another head kick and works for a takedown. Harris with the single leg against the ropes. He picks up Head and fireman carry slams him as the crowd goes nuts. Harris working from guard.

2nd Head trying to take advantage of Harris low, unorthodox posture throwing the knee to at his head often. Harris denies a feeble takedown attempt and the circle again. Head goes for a guillotine and ends up with Harris in his guard. Harris lets him up and just misses a big left. Harris with a reaching single leg. He gets the takedown and lets Head back up. Head with a nice jab gets Harrisí attention. Head working hard for the guillotine and Harris is in a fight. Harris hanging onto Headís right ankle from the ground while Head lands shots to the body. Harris back in Headís guard as the round ends.

3rd No one expected to see the third but here we go. Harris fires a left. Another left by Harris followed by another shot from the outside. Head stuff pretty easy. Harris finding his mark with the overhand left. Back working the single against the ropes. A mini slam by Harris who finds himself in the familiar guard of Harris. Ref stands them. Back to the single leg for Harris. He earns it but has been unable to open up much offense from Headís guard. Head transitions for a triangle but Harris sees it coming. With the ten second bell, Harris opens up with some GnP.

29-28, 30-27, 30-27 decision for Head in a huge upset.
Harris storms out of the ring. While Headís corner goes wild.
They make it sound as if Harris was robbed. Can't make that call off a PbP but a shocking upset for Head. I'm sure UFC isn't questioning their decision to cut him now if they ever were.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #12
dallas405

Green Belt

i was there tonight, it was a sick fight. any time harris took head down head was killing him with elbows from the bottom, it was nasty. head also caught him with a huge knee. hopefully vid will be up soon. harris was lazy as fuck, he would shoot and stay on his knees and james would drop some nasty shots on him and head definately outworked him tonight. the unanimous decision was spot on.

dallas405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:35 AM   #13
ChildoftheCorn

Green Belt

Location: Cruisin' down Vine St., heading to Memorial Stadium
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas405 View Post
i was there tonight, it was a sick fight. any time harris took head down head was killing him with elbows from the bottom, it was nasty. head also caught him with a huge knee. hopefully vid will be up soon. harris was lazy as fuck, he would shoot and stay on his knees and james would drop some nasty shots on him and head definately outworked him tonight. the unanimous decision was spot on.
Cool man, thanks for the first-hand perspective. I had no idea this fight was going on tonight. Hopefully the video comes up on the web soon, I'm lookin' forward to seeing this one.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #14
FootstompShonie
Toothpick Belt

Damn. I like Gerald Harris. Guess in his own words he has to get some more wins on Bum Fighting Championships.

Always Supporting: Smooth - Rashad - Cruz - Rockhold
FootstompShonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
dallas405

Green Belt

i think Harris underestimated James Head tonight. harris had a few takedowns but literally did nothing, he wasnt trying to pass or even working GnP. Head was treatning triangles and like i said earlier throwing alot of really great nasty elbows from the bottom too. Harris even let him up because he was getting his head elbowed pretty good. James was picking him apart on the feet making harris attempt some really sloppy takedowns. cant wait for the vid to be uploaded.
for those of you who dont know james head yet here is a short highlight.

dallas405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #16
Sum
theres a lot of things that can kill a man

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas405 View Post
i think Harris underestimated James Head tonight. harris had a few takedowns but literally did nothing, he wasnt trying to pass or even working GnP. Head was treatning triangles and like i said earlier throwing alot of really great nasty elbows from the bottom too. Harris even let him up because he was getting his head elbowed pretty good. James was picking him apart on the feet making harris attempt some really sloppy takedowns. cant wait for the vid to be uploaded.
for those of you who dont know james head yet here is a short highlight.
Good you were there and can give an accurate description of the fight, since the pbp makes it seem like a robbery. Nice to see judges rewarding bottom work.

As for this James Head kid, I had never heard of him before but from his hilight he seems like a damn exciting ground fighter. Hope to see more of him in the future. This win over Harris should definitely open up some doors for him.

Sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #17
elpanson**
Banned

falcao stole his soul.

elpanson** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #18
LebronA1

White Belt

I just looked up the fight. Wow, and when this guy got cut it was the worst move in UFC history. Maybe Dana actually knows something. I think a few members on here owe him an apology o_o
This kid was supposed to be the next big thing. Btw, sorry for the really late bump. Just didn't want to make my own thread.

LebronA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:08 PM   #19
Quivering Palm

Brown Belt

To add insult to injury, Head is now fighting Nick Ring at UFC 131.

Quivering Palm is offline   Reply With Quote