Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #21
James Goyder

Blue Belt

vCash: 500

Ole has to kill himself to make 155. You can forget about either folayang or laursen ever going below 155. Impossible.

Last edited by James Goyder; 04-01-2012 at 10:14 AM.
James Goyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Mikedh

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chute Stomp View Post
Could have went either way. Looked to me like Laursen was the better fighter but fought a stupid fight.
Thats what I took away too.

Folayang is really frustrating to watch because of his defense. Seemingly everyone he faces drops him during the fight. Ole landed some big shots and controlled parts of the fight with takedowns. I got the feeling that even though it was a close fight he was the more complete and better fighter.

Mikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #23
SILVAREDEMPTION

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsumi Yamada View Post
no way Laursen makes FW.
I think the guy should move to WW instead. He losses an incredible amount of weight for the limit, it is quite noticeable. And he does not rely that much in speed as he does in power. My opinion is that he will have less gassing and speed problems at WW.

SILVAREDEMPTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
James Goyder

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVAREDEMPTION View Post
I think the guy should move to WW instead. He losses an incredible amount of weight for the limit, it is quite noticeable. And he does not rely that much in speed as he does in power. My opinion is that he will have less gassing and speed problems at WW.
He'd definitely be more comfortable at 16-165 lbs but his stamina seemed ok last night, I don't think he needs to go anywhere.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
Substance Abuse

Who?

Running Man Condit - ☑
K1 Shields and Hughes - ☑
Team Alpha Midget - ☑
Motivated Penn - ☑

Won NFL & MMA Plat Pick 'Ems!
Substance Abuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #26
Scudmissile

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Goyder View Post
He'd definitely be more comfortable at 16-165 lbs but his stamina seemed ok last night, I don't think he needs to go anywhere.
Mate, I thought Ole was gassed after the first round, not sure if that was just the weight cut or just cardio issues. Pretty much after that his hands were by his waist and he was just going for bombs and takedowns. I thought it was very close but defintely not a 'robbery'.

Scudmissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
James Goyder

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudmissile View Post
Mate, I thought Ole was gassed after the first round, not sure if that was just the weight cut or just cardio issues. Pretty much after that his hands were by his waist and he was just going for bombs and takedowns. I thought it was very close but defintely not a 'robbery'.
Ole always fights like that these days, it's entertaining. He was tired but I wouldn't say he was gassed because he never stopped exchanging, he just paced himself a bit better this time around.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #28
Liquid Exodus

Black Belt

vCash: 50
is there a video of the fight? I missed it.

Liquid Exodus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #29
OneManGang

Blue Belt

Ole Laursen WON the fight in my opionion. The judges (minus one) agreed. It was close, but not as close as many think. Laursen clearly won.

Ole landed the harder shots, knocked Folayang down, showed more aggression, had more takedowns and better ground work.

Some people were obviously impressed by all the ineffective spinning this and flying that coming from Folayang.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 AM   #30
StealingFire

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai there View Post
i thought it was a bad decision too.

lol @ boycotting a promotion because of a bad dec. though.

might as well stop watching mma altogether.
This.

To the TS -- How could you not see it coming? I was watching on the youtube archive and simply fast-forwarded through the decision announcement.

Laursen ended up on top in the last 10 seconds, he must have won, right?

StealingFire is offline   Reply With Quote