Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
dogresh**
Banned

vCash: 500
Fedor vs AA GIF Recap. Warning 56K 40MB

First, to Freddie and AA. Obviously you didn't watch much of Fedor's fights like you claim. If so, you should have known by these first two exchanges, that Fedor can throw straight punches and he was head hunting. He wasn't intimidated by your comments before the fight about how he can't punch correctly and AA is going to make it look easy. Fedor does not react of course, he puts this in the back of his mind and will let his actions speak in the ring.

Fedor just misses with the straight right 2 times in the opening minute. He beats AA to the punch, athough Roach thinks Fedor is slow and can't box. This would have put AA's lights out if connected. Here is one of those exchanges.

Why people say AA was winning the first round and AA looked great is beyond me.

What Roach? You say AA has great boxing skills? By the looks of this, he looks confused and off balance during this exchange. So much for Roach and his teaching skills and AA's ability to hit a human being in the ring that can actually move and box like Fedor.

And now the KO slow motion of AA getting leveled by a well timed, perfectly intended punch on AA's chin while he tries the flying knee, which he used many times in his recent fights effectively against lessor opponents. Great elevation and vertical leaping abilities AA!

What's that DeLahoya!?!?! Did you just say WOW!! You darn right WOW!!!

Yet, Trump and Melania are unimpressed for some reason. Shrug.

Wait, you want the money shot in slow-mo HD right? Here you go.

I know AA, I feel your pain. A tear rolls down his left cheek. (I know it's sweat, but fit well into this)

dogresh** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
dr.Mitch
Hrvatska Legenda

thanks

Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
C0NCH3TO

Black Belt

awesome man, i think the fight was very competitive while it lasted....but the point is that fedor took him out in three minutes

I invented teh interwebz

Fan de Ataque 77
C0NCH3TO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Depth

Gold Belt

Great thread.

The KO punch does look wild at first, but when you watch it a few times in slo-mo, you can tell it was mostly intentional.

He could have caught him in the chest or throat area, but it just landed perfectly.

Depth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
ovenj0ckey
Banned

thanks for takin the time bro...gotta say, looks like aa connected pretty hard in the first gif, no?

ovenj0ckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #6
MarcusA
Rabo!

Nice gifs, thanks.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
NoGodForMe

Orange Belt

In the first picture they're both throwing the over hand rights. Andrea throws it but it lands near the body instead. Andrew got a one punch KO back in the UFC days with the same punch, not this time.

Like I was saying in the main thread, Andrea throws the left/right combination 3 times in a row, each time glancing the face of Fedor. They're both head hunting at this point, Andrea landing 3 in a row with nothing coming back. A body shot, a kick to the ribs. Andrea had to feel good at this point, which led to him going for the knee.

You have to wonder what would have happened if Fedor threw a jab back and stopped Andrea during that exchange. He probably wouldn't have thrown the knee, and they would have continued head hunting. We'll never know now.

NoGodForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
BradBennett

Blue Belt

^It's Andrei not Andrea (girl's name)

Post with pics = good. Post with moving pics in HD = great thread.

That first gif is a little funny. Same movement, same time and both miss.

Poor Arlovski.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:36 AM   #9
ElDuderino
Banned

Very well done TS, thanks.

ElDuderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
Det_Kimble

vCash: 15949
Poorlovski in the last gif.

And yeah, Fedor dodged pretty much everything that Arlovski threw at him. I was telling my buddy how good Fedor's head movement looked in that fight; however, if you don't think Arlovski was winning up until the KO, you're mistaken. Although Arlovski landed nothing significant, he was controlling the fight. He wasn't dominating, though.

Top 25 Naughty women: forums.sherdog.com/forums/f7/det_kimbles-naughty-list-top-25-ho-ho-hos-xxx-mas-2628747/

Vote for Fighter of the Year: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/definitive-fighter-year-thread-2013-a-2638465/

Send your av + belt requests!

RIP, SDR and Charles Brown.

Fedor.
Det_Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote