Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #91
SgtElias

Green Belt

vCash: 500
He does have a spotty record...Guy goes to a split dec. with Fredson Paixao and gets armbarred by Hominick (underrated offensive grappler, tapped some good fighters) in the same year. Even with that and his anxiety issues, I couldn't see him losing to any female MMA fighter.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #92
KennyNuncaMuere**
Banned

Bill Russell threw up before games but he was still an ok player. So Bryan Tate can't use that as an excuse for losing to Rousey.

KennyNuncaMuere** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #93
Flexwave2003
International Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Shogun View Post
Man your Bruce Lee appreciation is fine, but you are wrong. While Bruce Lee was a good martial artist. Chuck Norris was a world Champion professional martial artist and Bruce Lee was a professional actor.

According to Bas Rutten, Norris was a no contact Karate Champion.

Which I took as Rutten saying Norris isnt really a tough guy like Rutten is.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #94
RD_DemonX

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Shogun View Post
Man your Bruce Lee appreciation is fine, but you are wrong. While Bruce Lee was a good martial artist. Chuck Norris was a world Champion professional martial artist and Bruce Lee was a professional actor.

Also, this argument wont be settled with youtube videos of people talking about Bruce Lees street fighting ability, actual videos would help. There are all sorts of Chuck Norris competing, not people talking about him competing.

The videos you posted on the next page.... well ok. Chuck Norris never admits he is no match for Bruce Lee. Did you even watch that? Chuck Norris doesnt even speak in it. The Bolo video, well its not english and to be honest i have no idea what he is saying.

Like I said Bruce Lee was a good martial artist. He would beat the hell out of me, and you, and most of Sherdog I would think, but his legend has built over the years. He was an actor who trained martial arts, and was good, but Chuck Norris would have wrecked him back in the day.
Chuck was a "kickboxer"
Bruce fought anyone...
Sure ill just go get the videos of his fights from the youtube of the day.. they were all recorded on cellphones........ seriously??

The bolo video he says there is only one bruce and no one could touch him...

Its not hard to say "yeah I could beat him.." when he is not around anymore to state differently...

You do know chuck studied under bruce dont you?

The person in the video talking knows more than you or I both do.. And speaks unbiased. Of course a chuck lover would not care about that.

Actor? Fuck that's ignorant.. there are videos on bruce fighting in tournaments online as well.

Chuck was an amazing kickboxer...
Bruce was an amazing fighter....
They both were great.

Thats the last im going to post on the matter... flame on

RD_DemonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #95
Flexwave2003
International Playboy

I dont think I could beat Rousey at anything, though after seeing her exhausted rolling with a guy who did far better than I expected, the idea did cross my mind for a split second lol.... she would likely beat my ass in a real fight, but I would love to roll with her personally. I generally beat most people I wrestle with, so it would be fun to see how easily an Olympian disposes of me. Im a big enough man to take my ass whoopin from a girl, plus Rouseys a babe.

No shame in being outdone by Rousey.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #96
Cple

Orange Belt

Sorry guys. This is a japanese entertainment show. She is supposed to win. You can see that right?

Cple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #97
jimmyfingers

Orange Belt

Icon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project 86 View Post
there asian ,asian men are not strong!!!
the worst comment ever.

jimmyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #98
Ancient Warrior

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexwave2003 View Post
I dont think I could beat Rousey at anything, though after seeing her exhausted rolling with a guy who did far better than I expected, the idea did cross my mind for a split second lol.... she would likely beat my ass in a real fight, but I would love to roll with her personally. I generally beat most people I wrestle with, so it would be fun to see how easily an Olympian disposes of me. Im a big enough man to take my ass whoopin from a girl, plus Rouseys a babe.

No shame in being outdone by Rousey.
I'm actually kind of curious as to how i'd fare against Rousey in a sparring match.

I haven't trained mma in a long time, but every woman I ever went up against in the gym was mostly for fun and amusement because it was literally like sparring with 4 year old kid who just dropped his lollipop. (No disrespect intended to the girls who train though)

I always loved it when the girls used to grunt and growl because they couldn't secure anything and they could see I was not trying at all. It was very much like Mousasi training with Rousey in the video (maybe even more of a disparity). I imagine i'd have to really be on my guard with someone like Rousey though. I'd like to think i'd win, but I admit i've never faced a girl with that level of strength and technique.

Ancient Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #99
Squarechoke

Silver Belt

Hilarious how some people try to hype up every single thing Rousey does. This was obviously not her fighting real judo black belts trying to beat her. It's the standard tv-show entertainment promotion deal.

Some people here would probably be shocked to learn that Fedor vs Aoki wasn't a real fight either. Or that GSP doesn't actually work at ESPN.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote