Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #21
M.M.A.SuPreMaCy

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkreku View Post
No offence, but I am having a really difficult time taking these girls seriously when they are being portrayed like this. I mean, sure you can comment on their looks, but I'd hope their athletic abilities came first.
I really hope you are saying this without knowing who Cyborg is.
If you think she is all looks and no skill, I wouldn't know what to say...LOL!

M.M.A.SuPreMaCy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #22
Michaelthebox

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M.A.SuPreMaCy View Post
Cyborg, Kobold, Baszler, Purcell are considered hotties to you?
Kobold is attractive. Cyborg has that amazon badass thing going that makes her attractive around here. (Don't understand it myself, but its there.) It all comes down to marketability. Purcell's a total hottie.

Baszler. . . yeah you got me there.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #23
M.M.A.SuPreMaCy

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelthebox View Post
Thems the breaks. WNBA portrays themselves seriously, but does anyone take them seriously?
Just a question, so you don't think Sexton vs Purcell fight on the ShoXC card is a legit representation of womens MMA?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
shironinja

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkreku View Post
No offence, but I am having a really difficult time taking these girls seriously when they are being portrayed like this. I mean, sure you can comment on their looks, but I'd hope their athletic abilities came first.
Your wife made you say that didn't she.

shironinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #25
Michaelthebox

Black Belt

Quote:
Just a question, so you don't think Sexton vs Purcell fight on the ShoXC card is a legit representation of womens MMA?
When did I ever say that the fights themselves weren't quality women's MMA? One fight does not make a division or a sport.

Nothing against any of the fighters that EliteXC has picked up. But as long as they favor hotties and marketable fighters, its no more legitimate than if the UFC favored americans so much they avoided signing any foreign fighters.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #26
Mef-ninja
Banned

why you guys argueeing?? this girl is freakin hot.. and she can fight.. man what if shes my future wife!!!

Mef-ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #27
Gina's boy toy

Black Belt

I don't mind if the women are pretty that fight for EXC, but they should be good fighters and not become some kind of Anna K of EXC. As long as they put up good fights is all that matters. I rather see a Tara vs Cyborg than two pretty girls that can't fight good.

Since MMA is booming right now expect to see more women in the next 5 years.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:31 PM   #28
M.M.A.SuPreMaCy

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelthebox View Post
Kobold is attractive. Cyborg has that amazon badass thing going that makes her attractive around here. (Don't understand it myself, but its there.) It all comes down to marketability. Purcell's a total hottie.

Baszler. . . yeah you got me there.
You know, EliteXC did offer Tara LaRosa a contract:
Exclusive: EliteXC offers contract to women’s champion Tara LaRosa :Five Ounces of Pain

And about Kobold, I guess that is your opinion.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:33 PM   #29
Michaelthebox

Black Belt

Quote:
You know, EliteXC did offer Tara LaRosa a contract:
Exclusive: EliteXC offers contract to women’s champion Tara LaRosa :Five Ounces of Pain

And about Kobold, I guess that is your opinion.

Well, consider me disproven about the division, though I still think they favor hotties as much as they can.

And whats your problem with cute curvy redheads?

Old 08-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
Gina's boy toy

Black Belt

Sure Tara is good and my guess the best too in her weight class, but she doesn't make a league so if all the top women fighters are in EXC then Tara won't have anyone left to fight AFL. Then again Tara has just about fought everyone, but Cyborg and Carano.