Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #1
MOJO Fire

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Diaz might be out Aug 15th w/ source

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/8/...erweight-title

Apparantly Diaz did not show up for his pre fight drug testing, if he is off the card, talk about a completely different card

There was suppose 10 fights with Overeem, Riggs, Toughill, Thomson
Now we lost those 4 fighters, lost the HW title which hasnt been defended in like 2-3 years, lost a super hottie in Toughill, and now possible the WW belt. Werdum is fighting a LHW now, whats going on?

Old 08-08-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
ovenj0ckey
Banned

dana said he want diaz back looks like diaz screwed sf for ufc contract

not cool

ovenj0ckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
Cazador

Silver Belt

Wow, if true this card is taking hit after hit. At least Mousasi/Babalu is still on.

Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Eremon

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenj0ckey View Post
dana said he want diaz back looks like diaz screwed sf for ufc contract

not cool
As sad as that might be…I wouldn’t be shocked! If that’s the case it says a lot about his character. So lets hope not.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
electricsheep81

vCash: 196
honestly, if Diaz is off the card, I'll probably just pass on the card all together.

I was really looking forward to Riggs/Diaz 3, but that fell apart. Then Overeem is off the card, Thomson/Melendez is off. The Babalu/Mousasi fight is in jeopardy, with the UFC trying to put a hold on it, because of Babalu's Affliction contract.

I'd like to see Carano/Santos, but they won't make weight, so it will end up not being a title fight.

Wasteland Empire 44K Champ

thanks for the belt Kvolcom (rip)
electricsheep81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #6
graciefighterz

Brown Belt

Diaz didn't screw anyone. he called ahead of time and had the drug test rescheuled due to time constraints. This isn't an uncommon thing and it's something you are allowed to do.

Diaz will still fight, this is a case of some website just trying to make a story out of nothing and now slowly other sites are just copying and pasting the story without actually making any phone calls and getting the facts on the situation.

Just another example of mma media making something out of nothing. Next thing you know some site will be saying Kimo is dead...oh wait.

graciefighterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
graciefighterz

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovenj0ckey View Post
looks like diaz screwed sf for ufc contract

not cool
That's just stupid dude. Diaz still has a multi fight contract with strikeforce regardless if he gets approved for this fight or not.

Diaz isn't screwing anyone over, the csac just needs to get their shit together and find a way to get drug test results back quicker.

There is no excuse for why it took the csac 1 month to get the results back from barnetts test and there is no excuse why taking a drug test on monday would prevent you from getting the results back in time to let diaz fight on saturday

I'm still like 95% sure Diaz will be fighting. This is just a case of some website trying to make a story out of nothing and now bigger sites are picking up on the story without doing their fact checking. Seems to happen a lot in mma journalism for some reason.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
ACellphone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciefighterz View Post
Diaz didn't screw anyone. he called ahead of time and had the drug test rescheuled due to time constraints. This isn't an uncommon thing and it's something you are allowed to do.

Diaz will still fight, this is a case of some website just trying to make a story out of nothing and now slowly other sites are just copying and pasting the story without actually making any phone calls and getting the facts on the situation.

Just another example of mma media making something out of nothing. Next thing you know some site will be saying Kimo is dead...oh wait.
Agreed. Bloodyelbow has recently gotten on the UFC payroll or something. They are the most fucked up MMA blog out there.

ACellphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
SOXGUY80

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciefighterz View Post

I'm still like 95% sure Diaz will be fighting.
I noticed your name is "graciefighterz" Do you have any ties to the Caesar Gracie camp? I ask because you seem so sure and I hope that your right. This would be a huge blow to this card.

SOXGUY80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
graciefighterz

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXGUY80 View Post
I noticed your name is "graciefighterz" Do you have any ties to the Caesar Gracie camp? I ask because you seem so sure and I hope that your right. This would be a huge blow to this card.
Yeah I know some guys from cesars camp. They aren't worried one bit. This is just a case of the media blowing shit out of proportion.

Which is probably why you don't see any other big respectable mma news sites reporting on it. If it was true they would already be reporting on it because it is a pretty big deal.