Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
Its Tru

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Cyborg done with rousey "not worth my breath"

Cris Cyborg Sent the following statement to the MMAprime.tv reporter Aaron Tru this afternoon. The former 145lbs StrikeForce Champion answers questions about Facing Ronda Rousey, her weight and insist that Rousey is merely trying to “delude” the fans by acting as if she could defeat her.

“I get many questions about Rhonda Rousey, and I would like to set the record straight for the last time, as I do not consider her much personally, much less as a fighter.

She claims she is the “Champion” and openly challenges me to fight at 135lbs. (She competed in the Beijing Olympics at 70kg/154lbs, and fought at 145lbs in MMA till she learned she would have to fight me, and then dropped to 135lbs.) Which I find laughable. I have never fought below 145lbs, and I am considered the pound for pond top women fighter in the WORLD! I have yet to lose a fight while holding the Strike Force 145lbs title. My last fight was considered a no contest, but that has NOT changed the fact that I AM the women’s 145lbs CHAMPION.

There really is NOT a safe way for me to cut to 135lbs, not without hurting myself physically. (I am less than 8% body fat at 145lbs.) And my cardiologist and physician have advised me that to make such a drastic reduction in weight could have permanent effects in my long term health. And I will not endanger my health to satisfy the rantings of a spoiled little girl who has yet to prove that she can truly compete at the my level, at a weight she has not only fought at before but has been awarded an Olympic medal!

Read the rest at

Read more: http://mmaprime.tv/2012/08/20/cyborg...#ixzz248SYL7hr

Old 08-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
Mikedh

Red Belt

She keeps referring to herself as champion. She was stripped of her title.

Mikedh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
X1c**
Banned

Rousey said she was going to go back to 145 to fight Cyborg and that she was going to get the 135 title so that when she goes back the fight will be bigger. Well, the fight will definitely be big now if it happens.

X1c** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Gontran
Amateur Fighter

vCash: 608
She's right about one thing though: it doesn't make sense for Rousey to call her out at a weight that she never fought at

When you do that, you better be ready to meet the person you're calling out at the weight that they're fighting at

Gontran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
voxom

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Tru View Post

There really is NOT a safe way for me to cut to 135lbs, not without hurting myself physically. (I am less than 8% body fat at 145lbs.) And my cardiologist and physician have advised me that to make such a drastic reduction in weight could have permanent effects in my long term health. And I will not endanger my health to satisfy the rantings of a spoiled little girl who has yet to prove that she can truly compete at the my level, at a weight she has not only fought at before but has been awarded an Olympic medal!
wtf if she going to cardiologists and physicians for? the experts on here, who have never met her know better than them and they say she can make 135 and she is just scared.

i have to give ronda credit though, she was able to duck cyborg, but still convince her retarded fanbase that cyborg is actually ducking her. kudos for that

voxom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Seven30

Purple Belt

Mayweather-Pacquiao part 2....smfh....

Seven30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
RedDevilFedor

Brown Belt

vCash: 800
She was stripped but she didn't lose? Maybe that's why she says that. But she is right in reality the only way they fight is if Rousey moves up. Ronda seems pretty sure she isn't going to go up. I guess that solves the ducking issue.

RedDevilFedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Rozwell

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxom View Post
wtf if she going to cardiologists and physicians for? the experts on here, who have never met her know better than them and they say she can make 135 and she is just scared.

i have to give ronda credit though, she was able to duck cyborg, but still convince her retarded fanbase that cyborg is actually ducking her. kudos for that

I'm sure her cardiologists are every bit as legitimate as her nutritionists.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
Dickson Gracie
Banned

I'm not sure I buy her claim that she's never fought below 145. I seem to recall some older fights, back when she looked like a woman, that were held at a lower weight.

Dickson Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #10
Rozwell

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven30 View Post
Mayweather-Pacquiao part 2....smfh....

Yeah.

Exactly like that.